• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid test

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Group home staff is having us residents get covid tested. I hate covid tests and they almost couldn't covid test me one time cuz I was having a hard time relaxing. They worse then eye drops and I once as a kid punched an eye doctor cuz of eye drops. Having a swab shoved up my nose is a sensory nightmare. Can anyone give me any ideas or tips on how to make this easier for me since its necessary?

VoidCat

Let it be known to everyone I'd rather be stabbed with a needle then covid tested or get eye drops. As long as the needle ain't stabbing my eye. I can handle being stabbed elsewhere

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I hear that in china and some other countries they test using anal swabs. You could ask for one of them though I don't know what is worse...

A few years ago i had a couple of operations for nasal polyps leaving the lining very weak. First covid swab i had ruptured the lining, i was pouring with blood for close to an hour. I must have lost a pint (probably not but it felt like it). Since then ive had 3 more swabs the nurse has always been very gentle. Yes i could feel it but it wasn't so bad.

Tell the nurse you have a problemnand to please be gentle. Hopefully they will make allowances

VoidCat

Welp. I tested negative when i took it. But I now am running a fever. Staff going take me to be retested

VoidCat

Everyone in the group home is under quarantine. Doesn't matter if they showing symptoms or if they tested negative and have been since the guy tested positive. Good thing too especially since Im starting to show symptoms

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Everyone in the group home is under quarantine. Doesn't matter if they showing symptoms or if they tested negative and have been since the guy tested positive. Good thing too especially since Im starting to show symptoms
That is a good move. But it may not do much good. It is highly contagious.. The more recent versions even more so. Though they appear to be less severe than the original.

Has everyone been vaccinated? The vaccination helps to make it less severe if one catches it.

VoidCat

That is a good move. But it may not do much good. It is highly contagious.. The more recent versions even more so. Though they appear to be less severe than the original.

Has everyone been vaccinated? The vaccination helps to make it less severe if one catches it.
Yes. Up to the booster shot.

But everyone here is immuniocompromised