1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid skills!

Discussion in 'Games / Pics / Jokes / Stories' started by SigurdReginson, Apr 8, 2021 at 12:44 AM.

1. SigurdReginson

SigurdReginson Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,864
    Religion:
    None
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Conscious thoughts

Conscious thoughts Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +9,423
    Religion:
    Osmanli Nakshibedi Way, Sufism
    Honestly my life has not changed that much since covid-19 started, I do mostly the same things i did before the restrictions, but i have taken up painting and drawing a bit more, but it is not a new skill :)

Well the only new thing i do is that i still working on the plan to start my own Youtube channel, but the first video is still not yet ready to publish :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. JustGeorge

JustGeorge Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Religion:
    Hindu
    We tried homeschool because of the situation, and found it actually serves my 7 year old better. He went from communicating with a picture book to using his voice. It seems he needs the one on one instruction, and the opportunity to work at his own pace, rather than pushing him ahead when he's not fully grasped something yet.

He was fine tuning in the car yesterday. Mostly, he uses nouns with a verb thrown in here and there. But he was saying "Mom IS old. Mom IS fat."

I've gone back to fish keeping. Also really hard! Best thing I've learned is don't buy fish from general pet stores. Had a friend who keeps complicated fish and thinks she knows everything insist I try a local discount pet store... I did so, not only did all the fish I bought from there die within days, I've been treating the fungus they spread for the last two weeks. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. SigurdReginson

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,864
    Religion:
    None
    Oh my goodness... That child is dancing on a dangerous line there. :D At least he's learning proper english while he does it, though!

I feel you on the fish thing... My roommate got a kitty from a coworker instead of getting one from a shelter. Turns out the kitty was infected with the feline version of parvo and died within 3 days of getting her. We had to deep clean the entire apartment afterwords to kill any trace of the virus. Oof...

5. aketo

aketo Active Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Religion:
    Χάος
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +28,076
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    I haven't really picked up anything new because of covid. Just had more time to sink into what I already do.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JustGeorge

JustGeorge Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,354
    Religion:
    Hindu
    Luckily for kid, he wasn't meaning to be offensive... he doesn't really understand how that could be troublesome to people. A word is a word. Also, mom is fairly indifferent to these things.

Sorry to hear about the kitty. :( Those pet illnesses can really throw you....

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +26,070
    Religion:
    None
    Household maintenance comes to mind. We had the house completely redacted before we moved here in 2015, it's really time it was done again. So this confinement has urged us to invest in brushes, rollers, trays and paint.

All the outside metalwork has been done over with hamerite (a heavy painting designed for hard knocks on metal). Yesterday i finished the metalwork by painting the well pump with the same stuff.

Inside we have redecorated all but the spare bedroom upstairs. Now it's time for the daunting task of painting the lounge... (it's 12x6 meters, that's a lot of ceiling and walls). However, last saturday the french president gave us a reprieve by imposing limits on how far we can travel from home, instantly putting the 4 local(ish) diy stores out of reach

And... we have just ordered a new power washer, the old, one gave up on us and the annual task of cleaning the courtyard and veranda is overdue.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Unveiled Artist

Unveiled Artist My baby niece

Ratings:
    +10,894
    Religion:
    Process of Spiritual Healing
    Funny, I started cooking myself. It's better than fast food and somewhat fun.

We're not in lockdown anymore. The first lockdown we just couldn't go out after 12 to 5 am. Funny how the virus goes by times. Ive kept up with running and can now run nonstop for a mile 9.55 from 12 steps per minute. The lower the number, the faster one is. Many runners hit 4 or 5. Jealous.

#9 Unveiled Artist, Apr 8, 2021 at 6:44 AM
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021 at 9:57 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SigurdReginson

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,864
    Religion:
    None
    Oh! Thanks. :D

I'm still improving. The eggs are perfectly cooked, but they are shredded all to hell (easy boiled eggs are notoriously harder to peel). I heard that popping a tiny hole in the bottom of the shell helps to make peeling easier, and it removes that air poket on the bottom. I'm gonna have to give that a shot!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SigurdReginson

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,864
    Religion:
    None
    Ick.... Can you at least order that stuff on amazon?

12. ChristineM

ChristineM "Be strong" I whispered to my coffee.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +26,070
    Religion:
    None

Shhh...

Not looked but i will now...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. aketo

aketo Active Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Religion:
    Χάος
    It also makes the egg kinda...ooze out of the hole. But maybe I did it wrong. :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1