• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid Lab Leak, When?

Wandering Monk

The lab leak story is back in the news big time, but I have not heard any speculation about when this happened. The earliest reports of the outbreak came in December 2019 in Wuhan.

BUT, recently Italian researchers looked at stored blood samples cancer patients in Italy. More than 130 samples found Covid, the earliest in a sample taken in September 2019. It was already circulating then.

COVID-19 Circulated in Italy Earlier Than Thought

Spanish sewage facilities also has samples from 2019 and these were also checked recently and Covid-19 was found in a sample collected in MARCH 2019.

Coronavirus traces found in March 2019 sewage sample, Spanish study shows

Now, unless you want to propose a lab leak earlier that somehow found its way to Europe, you would have to say it happened PRIOR to March 2019. I have not yet heard any suggestion of a leak that early.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This virus is so contagious there is no way it went for nearly a full year without ravaging the land as it did. I'm disappointed Reuters even published that, because the findings have not been confirmed and with this day of mass misinformation you'd think they'd exercise more caution when it comes to covid.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's in the news because China's repeated lying and suppressing news. When dealing with such a regime, it's hard to know what is going on.

The only reason is could possibly matter is if we accused China of germ warfare research in that facility. Otherwise, the lab was not involved or it was an accidental release of the virus by someone studying it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This virus is so contagious there is no way it went for nearly a full year without ravaging the land as it did. I'm disappointed Reuters even published that, because the findings have not been confirmed and with this day of mass misinformation you'd think they'd exercise more caution when it comes to covid.
I noticed that about Reuters lately. I'm really beginning to lose trust in almost all news reporting services if this turns out to be the norm rather than the exception now. That includes AP as well, but even the reliable ones makes human mistakes once in awhile.

Hoping that is what it was.

Twilight Hue

It's in the news because China's repeated lying and suppressing news. When dealing with such a regime, it's hard to know what is going on.

The only reason is could possibly matter is if we accused China of germ warfare research in that facility. Otherwise, the lab was not involved or it was an accidental release of the virus by someone studying it.
I have no trust in what Communist China says about it either.

Wandering Monk

I asked 'when' in the title of the thread. For those who believe it was a lab leak, when did it happen and where, given the fact that Covid was found in blood samples from September 2019?

Twilight Hue

I asked 'when' in the title of the thread. For those who believe it was a lab leak, when did it happen and where, given the fact that Covid was found in blood samples from September 2019?
A better question if this was from September 2019, then what or who started the rapid spread?