• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid has entered our community

Mark Dohle

covid1.jpg

I knew it was only a matter of time before Covid got one of us.
So now here we are. Hopefully, it will be mild for the brother who has it, and if anyone else gets it, it will be the same.

I took one of the Brothers to the ER at Piedmont Hospital on Peachtree St. They wanted him to come there because the team he will need if the MRI comes out a certain way, will be there. While there, everyone was masked, with no exceptions. Though once in a while you would see someone with their nose outside their mask.

Then one step out of the ER and no one was wearing a mask. I am no different. We are not out of this Pandemic yet, though many think it is over, or dying out. From what I see, it does not look that way. New variants are coming up all the time, and one day it is very feasible that a very serious one will develop and we could be back to square one. I hate that.

Today, as I was praying in my room, I felt a deep peace, but when I went a little deeper, I could see that I have pockets of panic, as if I feel that we are all being backed into a corner with this. I hope that I am very wrong on this. We are short-sighted for the most part, and I understand the frustration of wearing masks, etc. Like others, there are times when I am not as careful as I could be, and a kind of fatigue comes over me.

Yet, this will pass. When I was young and in boot camp, the first two weeks were hard. What got me through was the thought "This too will pass". So it is now, this will pass.

We are told not to fear. Yet, fear is easy to experience. I believe what we are called to is to not let fear control us, we do need to live each day the best way we can. Fear can stop that. Most people will get through this, but there are still many of us who are alive and healthy and can still get the virus and die.

Pray, hope, love, and help those around you. Hopefully, this will be the last year we will have to go through this, at least with Covid.--Br.MD

exchemist

Veteran Member
View attachment 65236

So now here we are. Hopefully, it will be mild for the brother who has it, and if anyone else gets it, it will be the same.

I took one of the Brothers to the ER at Piedmont Hospital on Peachtree St. They wanted him to come there because the team he will need if the MRI comes out a certain way, will be there. While there, everyone was masked, with no exceptions. Though once in a while you would see someone with their nose outside their mask.

Then one step out of the ER and no one was wearing a mask. I am no different. We are not out of this Pandemic yet, though many think it is over, or dying out. From what I see, it does not look that way. New variants are coming up all the time, and one day it is very feasible that a very serious one will develop and we could be back to square one. I hate that.

Today, as I was praying in my room, I felt a deep peace, but when I went a little deeper, I could see that I have pockets of panic, as if I feel that we are all being backed into a corner with this. I hope that I am very wrong on this. We are short-sighted for the most part, and I understand the frustration of wearing masks, etc. Like others, there are times when I am not as careful as I could be, and a kind of fatigue comes over me.

Yet, this will pass. When I was young and in boot camp, the first two weeks were hard. What got me through was the thought "This too will pass". So it is now, this will pass.

We are told not to fear. Yet, fear is easy to experience. I believe what we are called to is to not let fear control us, we do need to live each day the best way we can. Fear can stop that. Most people will get through this, but there are still many of us who are alive and healthy and can still get the virus and die.

Pray, hope, love, and help those around you. Hopefully, this will be the last year we will have to go through this, at least with Covid.--Br.MD

If all the brothers have had their vaccinations and their boosters there is little to fear, unless they are already ill for another reason. My 94 yr old father has caught it twice in his nursing home and was not very ill on either occasion. I've also had it a second time - it was no worse than a cold. I'm fully vaccinated too, of course.

Suave

Simulated character
View attachment 65236

I was asymptomatic when I was SARS-CoV2 infected in April 2020, and also when I was infected by the Omicron variant in December 2021. Fortunately. I lack comorbidities as well as being well immunized against SARS-Cov2. I do realize this is not the case for everybody. I like wearing an N-95 mask when there's a crowd of people around me indoors, this in order to reduce my risk of once again being an asymptomatic spreader of the SARS-Cov2 virus infecting somebody who is at high risk of becoming gravely ill by C,O,V,I,D,-19.

Mark Dohle

If all the brothers have had their vaccinations and their boosters there is little to fear, unless they are already ill for another reason. My 94 yr old father has caught it twice in his nursing home and was not very ill on either occasion. I've also had it a second time - it was no worse than a cold. I'm fully vaccinated too, of course.
All but two are vaccinated. Grateful for that.

Peace
Mark

Mark Dohle

I was asymptomatic when I was SARS-CoV2 infected in April 2020, and also when I was infected by the Omicron variant in December 2021. Fortunately. I lack comorbidities as well as being well immunized against SARS-Cov2. I do realize this is not the case for everybody. I like wearing an N-95 mask when there's a crowd of people around me indoors, this in order to reduce my risk of once again being an asymptomatic spreader of the SARS-Cov2 virus infecting somebody who is at high risk of becoming gravely ill by C,O,V,I,D,-19.
Yes, using good sense helps.

Peace
Mark