• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid+ Couple Arrested

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Couple arrested for boarding United Airlines flight to Hawaii after testing positive for COVID-19

"The Kaua‘i Police Department confirmed to USA TODAY that Wailua residents Wesley Moribe and Courtney Peterson were taken into custody Sunday for "placing the passengers of the flight in danger of death." "

Wow. Arrested.... Oh. Re-read. They got arrested for breaking quarantine. Of course you can get fined for disobeying regulations. Though many people have tested positive, gotten better, and all of that. Ha. They set them up like criminals. Now wonder why there's issues between both sides. Media.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Wow. Arrested.

That's what happens when you knowingly put others lives at risk (an entire flight). I think it's justified. They knew they were positive, and were told to quarantine, and willingly ignored it. It's like sleeping with someone and not telling them you're HIV+, sure they may not get it, but the chance is still there.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That's what happens when you knowingly put others lives at risk (an entire flight). I think it's justified. They knew they were positive, and were told to quarantine, and willingly ignored it. It's like sleeping with someone and not telling them you're HIV+, sure they may not get it, but the chance is still there.

But you don't get arrested for putting people at risk with HIV when having sex. They got arrested for breaking the airport policies. If there were no policies and the airport knew they had COVID, it wouldn't be an arrest issue. They'd just tell the people they can't ride and if there is resistance, get authority.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
But you don't get arrested for putting people at risk with HIV when having sex. They got arrested for breaking the airport policies. If there were no policies and the airport knew they had COVID, it wouldn't be an arrest issue. They'd just tell the people they can't ride and if there is resistance, get authority.
Actually, that's not true at all. In Canada -- and also in 20 states -- it's a crime to have sex with another person if you are HIV positive and not to tell them.

I personally would find it offensive to deliberately put others at risk in such a way. I would not do it myself. I have, in the past, self-isolated when I had nothing worse than the flu, because I am aware that some people are going to suffer much worse than I did if they catch it.

Is your disregard for other people actually as complete and definitive as you try to make it sound?

QuestioningMind

But you don't get arrested for putting people at risk with HIV when having sex.

Sure you can... you can even get convicted and thrown in jail for it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually, that's not true at all. In Canada -- and also in 20 states -- it's a crime to have sex with another person if you are HIV positive and not to tell them.

I personally would find it offensive to deliberately put others at risk in such a way. I would not do it myself. I have, in the past, self-isolated when I had nothing worse than the flu, because I am aware that some people are going to suffer much worse than I did if they catch it.

Is your disregard for other people actually as complete and definitive as you try to make it sound?

Have anyone got arrested for having sex with someone else with HIV?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Actually, this depends on where you live and how you go about it.

It does, greatly, yes. With the COVID thing, I think it depends on the situation. Breaking airport policies for whatever reason can lead to an arrest. I'm not quite sure the formal charge, though (didn't find it in the article or overlooked it).