• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid and your job

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The quarantine changed our lives. I hope we get stronger.
If we had been and still kept social distancing and wore masks when in public, we'd be mostly through this according to numerous studies done worldwide.

pearl

Our youngest daughter is feeling guilty, covid has made her life easier. She lives in RI and works in Boston Ma, a four hour commute Mon - Thurs, Fri she worked from home. Now she works from home everyday until at least the end of the year. She and her husband live near the bay, short walk, they fish, clam and grow their own veggies. Our oldest daughter took a leave of absence. We all respect the wearing of masks and social distancing when we must go out. Things should have been so different.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
If you worked in a high risk job, would you try to work from home even though it might jeopardize a promotion? Asking for a friend.

What are we considering a "high risk job" here?

In any case, given the option, I'd work from home in the interest of keeping both myself and others safe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If you worked in a high risk job, would you try to work from home even though it might jeopardize a promotion? Asking for a friend.
One's vulnerability to SARS-CoV-2 would matter.
Vaccinated? Old? Health issues?
I don't have an answer for your friend...only considerations.