• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COVID-19 ~ Lessons learned

Cooky

Veteran Member
Let's take a moment to view COVID-19 in a positive light and see what we like about it, and possibly learn to grow from it.

The things I like in particular are:
  • Less traffic
  • Social distancing
  • Less people cluttering up and making a mess on the streets (pollution)
So, assuming other people like these things too, would you be willing to make this a more permanent reality? If so, let's list ways together that would help make this permanent.

I'll start with overpopulated cities like Los Angeles, where there could be a rule that limits the amount of people allowed to reside there. A way to decrease these numbers would be for government purchasing of homes that are run-down or otherwise for sale, and those homes could demolished. Eventually this would decrease the population over a period of decades and force people to scatter out. Another idea, is to further limit immigration, to reduce population numbers.

...So what do you think? How would this fare in big cities in your area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Less traffic for sure.

I get to remote and work from home.

Be with family. I can't work with chaos around me.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a tunnel visioned non solution. Urban density exists because they're commerce hubs. Forcing migration out of cities when people can't afford land or transport (and also living outside of commerce zones and transporting into them will create more pollution) will just make a lot more people homeless. And you just destroyed a bunch of livable housing. Would also cause a bunch of companies to fail without necessary access by workers and foot traffic for customers.

If it were this easy it would have been done already.

But as for your op title, it's prompted a lot of people to reach out and check on their neighbors. People who never talked to each other are communicating, even if through phones or mail or windows or from six feet away in a store.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Also spend more time with family.:p
It's temporary , earth air is definitly more clean .

Cooky

Veteran Member
It's a tunnel visioned non solution. Urban density exists because they're commerce hubs. Forcing migration out of cities when people can't afford land or transport (and also living outside of commerce zones and transporting into them will create more pollution) will just make a lot more people homeless. And you just destroyed a bunch of livable housing. Would also cause a bunch of companies to fail without necessary access by workers and foot traffic for customers.
If it were this easy it would have been done already.

But as for your op title, it's prompted a lot of people to reach out and check on their neighbors. People who never talked to each other are communicating, even if through phones or mail or windows or from six feet away in a store.

I never give up that easy... There's always a solution, we just have to find it. :)

amorphous_constellation

It's a tunnel visioned non solution. Urban density exists because they're commerce hubs. Forcing migration out of cities when people can't afford land or transport (and also living outside of commerce zones and transporting into them will create more pollution) will just make a lot more people homeless.

I never give up that easy... There's always a solution, we just have to find it. :)

Quite frankly the solution is more birth control, birth limits.. We don't have to debate that if you don't want, I know there are strong stances on this, and it's a complicated and hairy thing. Overrunning the countryside isn't a good solution though

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Let's take a moment to view COVID-19 in a positive light and see what we like about it, and possibly learn to grow from it.

• Less traffic
  • Social distancing
So, assuming other people like these things too, would you be willing to make this a more permanent reality? If so, let's list ways together that would help make this permanent.

I'll start with overpopulated cities like Los Angeles, where there could be a rule that limits the amount of people allowed to reside there. A way to decrease these numbers would be for government purchasing of homes that are run-down or otherwise for sale, and those homes could demolished. Eventually this would decrease the population over a period of decades and force people to scatter out. Another idea, is to further limit immigration, to reduce population numbers.

The reason these thing are evident is not because of a change of heart from the populous, it's because folks can't go to work or shopping. Your 'paradise' will be a thing of the past when the masses start experiencing the pains of hunger with nothing to eat.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lessons learned....
- Continue having well stocked essentials.
- Get some N95 masks.
- Have borrowing power to buy stocks when they fall.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Other lessons learned --

We can, often, work from home. So we maybe don't need all that office space so a whole lot of commercial real estate business can be allowed to fail. No matter, I'm sure. (Wonder if DJT is comfortable with that?)

We can do without a lot of things that we've long supposed we "just gotta have." So a whole lot of manufacturing could easily be shut down, with no harm to anybody but the people working in them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

• Less traffic
  • Social distancing

Not quite sure. A lot of sanitary stuff we should have been doing from the get go. Washing buses clean is seen as a new initiative so does that mean they haven't been doing it before?

Most businesses that have bars, sit down areas, etc are either closed because of no employees or managers go to work etc to hone the building and a few staff but the rest....

I agree with the homelessness comment as well.

I guess we will see the benefit once the panic passes and we can think clearer about solutions, precautions, and the like. Just like any person, it's hard to think straight in panic mood. Can't speak for other countries. Some seem to got hit harder than the US; so, it depends on the area when it comes to positives.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

• Less traffic
  • Social distancing

Um...
If you push people further away from their jobs, would that not create more traffic?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If the atmospheric body was just HOLY like males in science inferred you never would own any disease or virus in the first place...it just could not occur.

Yet it does, you knew it did, you have been witness to viruses and bodies of germs/microbial changes in the atmosphere for a very long time.

So knew.

Yet you study the conditions of forced change and then studied the conditions of what you hoped in science would be a witness to the healing of changed microbes and cells....for the purpose of invention.

Fact of illogical science. I will placate a formula that says cosmologically when God did not exist and all forms on Earth never existed. For a basic cell component an electron.

As if just the state electron was owned as the place where creation stopped.

Meaning therefore no form of any variation passed that moment of a study.

Being the inanity of the sciences...for it is a fact what science tried to force us into by signals.

Earth therefore got irradiated blasted.

Holy Water is a spiritual science Christ Tribunal medical science teaching that said water owned a holy star in its vibration, which it does...based on the God Earth fusion of the ATOM...made in the image of its Creator....the stone.

O God the Earth is stone, it is not an electron, it is an ATOM.
Holy water, the life support spirit our inheritance, the spirit of our holiness is made in that image by term IMAGE...what image it owns....its form however, spirit is nothing like God.

Therefore spiritual science said....God is the ATOM and the spirit in the Heavens our inheritor is Holy Water made in the IMAGE of that atom signal.

Now you should realize why we are all sick.

A long time ago, a mutated radiated Nature lived on Earth called the dinosaurs...they died out. The one HOLY condition, sacred ICE sacrifice was all that we owned spiritually to reincarnate and have returned to our original healthy human life that we had lost to ancient science a very long time ago.

ICE saved us.

So ICE has to be allowed to return...for it kept the HOLY STAR present in its vibration...what we own to live as a cell life close to water....why the holiness of water was always preached.

So we all have to remind science that we need the presence of ICE mass to remain on Earth so that we can evolve and heal.

Every year some form of new virus or new flu epidemic arises just because in December ICE returns, and changes water....yet Summer in its heat changes the water. So we get over one attack and get given another.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Perhaps one lesson, but not for many, will be to re-evaluate one's life, such as to make sure one gets an adequate diet and not being over consumptive in many ways, and to avoid waste. Even though the advice is to minimise being outdoors, it is often the case (here at least now) that shelves are empty and one has to go looking in other shops or being more reliant on online shopping. No doubt many will be relying on freezer capacity to avoid starvation but if this doesn't calm down a bit I fear rationing (actual rationing rather than limits on items) will be our future. I dread to think what might happen if we have problems with electricity supplies and/or water supplies. Then we would have real problems.