• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Court releases financial records of Trump

Riders

I just saw it on the news but it was turned down.I assume this means his financial records are being released to the public so we can see it.

So if he has cheated on his finances committed a crime does he get reelected?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

Hmm, that's a good question. I do not know.

But I thought I would ask you if you had heard the news that a whole bunch of FBI agents signed a petition for Barr's resignation?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I just saw it on the news but it was turned down.I assume this means his financial records are being released to the public so we can see it.

I'm guessing he did what a lot of wealthy people do.

Based on what I understand, they take advantage of various loopholes in the tax code that were specifically made for the wealthy so they don't don't end up having to pay any tax.

If Trump did pay any tax I'm guessing it would be outrageously low. That would be my guess why he was hesitant to release his tax returns for public disclosure.

I'm guessing that's what you meant by financial disclosure?

pearl

The court seemed prepared to send the case back to the lower courts to see whether the Vance subpoena seeks material that is essential to his investigation, would be available nowhere else and would not unduly burden the president from carrying out his official duties.
Rulings in both cases are likely by the end of June or early July. But if the lower courts must take another look at whether the records that Trump has fought so hard not to turn over can be obtained by subpoena, a resolution wouldn't be likely for several more months, and certainly not before the November election.
Supreme Court appears headed for a split decision on Trump taxes, financial records

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

My wife and I paid $30,600 in federal taxes on our income of $201,000 last year, resulting in our federal tax rate being 15.2 percent. In 2005, Donald J.Trump paid $38,000,000 of federal taxes on his income of $150,000,000, resulting in his federal tax rate being 25.3 percent. What percentage of your income did you have to pay in federal income taxes last year?

If Trump were cheating on his taxes, he evidently would not have been dong a very job of this.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Well, it was accepted by the IRS, so not criminal according to the Fed. Could have cheated on his taxes but you'd need more than his tax records to determine this.

Also wouldn't it be that Congress can review his records not necessarily the rest of us? Making them public would seem an invasion of privacy.

Riders

The court seemed prepared to send the case back to the lower courts to see whether the Vance subpoena seeks material that is essential to his investigation, would be available nowhere else and would not unduly burden the president from carrying out his official duties.
Rulings in both cases are likely by the end of June or early July. But if the lower courts must take another look at whether the records that Trump has fought so hard not to turn over can be obtained by subpoena, a resolution wouldn't be likely for several more months, and certainly not before the November election.
Supreme Court appears headed for a split decision on Trump taxes, financial records

Yes I went back over my information I guess KI got over excited...…….it was late last night.

Riders

Hmm, that's a good question. I do not know.

But I thought I would ask you if you had heard the news that a whole bunch of FBI agents signed a petition for Barr's resignation?

YEs I saw that and it says if he does not they will need to regulate his actions or something along those lines.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
My wife and I paid $30,600 in federal taxes on our income of $201,000 last year, resulting in our federal tax rate being 15.2 percent. In 2005, Donald J.Trump paid $38,000,000 of federal taxes on his income of $150,000,000, resulting in his federal tax rate being 25.3 percent. What percentage of your income did you have to pay in federal income taxes last year?

If Trump were cheating on his taxes, he evidently would not have been dong a very job of this.
Source?
Of Trumps record, not yours.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Source?
Of Trumps record, not yours.

two_pages.png

https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphi...6e4c43835cb5869f27d35c2be1b6bf3/two_pages.png

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist

You automatically assume he cheated on them.

At one point, Rachael Maddow was "about to show Trump's tax records (building suspense)." Instead, the White House preempted her by about an hour or two.

Yes, they did find a tax loophole where he filed a loss that year, but overall it was lame.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ld-trump-tax-return-is-a-total-nothingburger/

Meanwhile, if we were to look at all these members of Congress and Senate, we would discover that despite being far richer than someone like Trump (probably the economy 0.1%, never mind the 1%) they probably weasel out of paying any taxes. After all, why raise taxes for other people if you also have to pay them?

But we usually can't see their taxes. Hmmm, why is that?

Anyone wanna toss that first stone? I wanna see your tax records first.

As a reference, I have not paid last year's taxes. Why? Well, I made only $1100, and honestly, the on-paper income is meaningless because I spent everything that I made (I'm in the bracket where I can sometimes get a refund, so they tend to leave me alone). Also, the Coronavirus hit right around that, so I'm like "**** you no, I'm not paying the State a dime." The year before that, I paid like $150.
The poor often overreport their taxes, and are robbed blind. Meanwhile, the greedy (oh I'm sorry, "concerned for the poor" *cough**cough*yeahright*cough*) liberals want to tax people more and more, and tell us that phasing out income tax in favor of sales tax (which people can control when they pay and therefore save money by tightening their wallets) is regressive, and punishes the poor by keeping them poor. Oh really? So, when you're making $15k a year (low end of average), and barely managing to scrape by with a small house, heating and cooling, rent/property taxes, food, and other expense, and make $1 more and it puts you in the next tax threshold, this isn't making you poorer?

Everyone accusing this man ought to have to answer for why they voted for more income taxes.

Last edited: