• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coup in the White House?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wouldn't call this sort of thing a "coup". That seems to me a gross exaggeration.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why would anyone watch Fox and actually think they're getting news? Even when Murdock created the station he said it would have news from a more conservative perspective. CNN, otoh, has a generally good national and international reputation, which is why it has won numerous awards in journalism.

"Fake news" is any news that Trump doesn't like, as did Stalin and many other dictators and monarchs that wanted to be blindly believed and obeyed.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know all the details, but I have read that the aide who got fired was reporting negative information about Melania. If so, aides should not do such things to their bosses or bosseses bosses wives without good reason and cause. So on the surface, the firing might be justified.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Wrath of a woman.

Since you're using CNN the "Fox News" of the left....

Here is the Counterpoint from Fox, the "CNN news" of the right.

Melania Trump's office calls for firing of top Bolton deputy

Anyways it's called a shake up. Nothing new or unusual under the sun.
In terms of quality of reporting and partisan bias, the "CNN of the Right" is the Washington Times.

The "Fox News of the left" is Alternet.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Media-Bias-Chart_4.0_8_28_2018-min.jpg

... though on both networks, quality and bias vary by program: Media Bias Chart: Version 4.0 - ad fontes media

suncowiam

Wrath of a woman.

Since you're using CNN the "Fox News" of the left....

Here is the Counterpoint from Fox, the "CNN news" of the right.

Melania Trump's office calls for firing of top Bolton deputy

Anyways it's called a shake up. Nothing new or unusual under the sun.

In Trump's case, there are two perspectives:

1) Seen from outside his presidency and compared to past presidents, he has the highest turn over rate for his cabinet. When many predicted he would run his office like a business, most didn't figure it would be similar to his own businesses.

2) Seen from inside his cabinet, then this would be normal concerning the high turn over rate.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Perhaps some Trump hanky-panky? Obviously Trump is not he most faithful of husbands.

Trump uses pandemonium as an instrument of personal power, leaving everyone off balance and unsure of what will happen next, while he sits in the center of the storm ready to make his next move.

I've come across a few CEO who manage like this. I don't personally like it but apparently they continue to find success with it. I suppose they don't like it when their employees start to feel complacent.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Perhaps some Trump hanky-panky? Obviously Trump is not he most faithful of husbands.

Trump uses pandemonium as an instrument of personal power, leaving everyone off balance and unsure of what will happen next, while he sits in the center of the storm ready to make his next move.

I've come across a few CEO who manage like this. I don't personally like it but apparently they continue to find success with it. I suppose they don't like it when their employees start to feel complacent.

Anyone who has worked with a CEO may not be surprised that many of them have common personality traits such as charisma, fearlessness, and a cool head under stress.

However, while these sound like advantages, it has also been suggested that CEOs are more likely to be psychopaths.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I've heard advice for managers that when an employee starts threatening to quit, plan for them to actually do it because they've already mentally checked out.

I think the same applies in the opposite direction: when a manager starts threatening to fire you - or creates an environment where you think you might be fired - start looking for a new job, because he will fire you before too long.

And yeah, there are some CEOs who manage this way, but in my experience, it's more often used by frustrated owners of small companies who create a self-fulfilling prophecy: they treat their employees like expendable idiots, which ends up being a valid assumption because the ones who can get jobs elsewhere do so.