• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Country with the most books written about it

Spiderman

Veteran Member
More books have been written about Lebanon than any other country.

If I had to guess, I would have thought that it would have been a super power or a country that started a great Empire.

Nope, just little old Lebanon.

Do you have any guess as to why more books have been written about Lebanon than any other country?

What makes it so interesting?
Lebanon_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Where did you find that interesting item? I would never have guessed and I'm curious about the other members of the list.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
This is in dispute: Which Country has the most books written about

This source say Japan.

I doubt a few of these claims in the reference. The claim:

7. The first alphabet was created in Byblos (city in Lebanon)

The oldest known alphabet was perhaps developed in Canaan around the first half of the 2nd millenium BC; from this developed Arabic, Ugaritic, Phoenician, Greek, Roman, Aramaic, Etruscan, Nabataean,

The seven nations of Canaan where the first alphabet is claimed to have originated included what is now Lebanon, but it cannot be determined that Byblios was where the alphabet originated.