• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Countries banning of kosher meats are forcing "expulsion" of Jews

charlie sc

Oh brother. Rolls eyes.
Jews were slaughtered indiscriminately in world war 2. They didn’t suffer lightly either. Jews were gased, burned alive, beaten to death, buried alive, starved, and the list goes on. The Nazis showed no compassion for the Jews because they were inferior, among other things. The Jews were not given a swift and merciful death.

So, when Jews are confronted about unnecessary suffering they are exclusively contributing to, you'd think they’d be a bit more empathetic and compassionate, considering the past... Nope! I find this whole attitude disgusting and shocking. Is there nothing learned?

The holocaust was a tragedy for the whole human race, and it seems like it’s dogmatic ideologies that are the most resistant to change. It seems like the people stuck these rigid Ideologies will always cause the suffering of others. For some people, ideologies overwrite compassion and empathy. Sad, really. Yes, I'm looking at you IndigoChild5559. Your OP implied antisemitic attitudes. Well, I'm turning this around.

You should take a lesson from the past.

Last edited:

Shad

Veteran Member
Jews were slaughtered indiscriminately in world war 2. They didn’t suffer lightly either. Jews were gased, burned alive, beaten to death, buried alive, starved, and the list goes on. The Nazis showed no compassion for the Jews because they were inferior, among other things. The Jews were not given a swift and merciful death either.

So, when Jews are confronted about an unnecessary suffering they are exclusively contributing to, your think they’d be a bit more empathetic and compassionate by learning from the past... Nope! I find this whole attitude disgusting and shocking. Is there nothing learned?

The holocaust was a tragedy for the whole human race, but it seems like it’s the dogmatic ideologies that are the most resistant to change. It seems like the people stuck these rigid Ideologies will always cause the suffering of others. Sad, really.

You are taking the reply out of context. Please read the comment chain between myself and Indigo. The claim was kosher slaughter was created to be humane. I disagreed by pointing out the holdup over blood as the reason.

charlie sc

You are taking the reply out of context. Please read the comment chain between myself and Indigo. The claim was kosher slaughter was created to be humane. I disagreed by pointing out the holdup over blood as the reason.
My reply was more directed at this whole thread and it was not out of context.Though, thank you for clearing that up.

charlie sc

You're comparing the Jewish method of slaughtering animals for food to how the Nazis slaughtered the Jews in the holocaust.

I find your whole post disgusting and shocking.
So I guess this was a hit and run. I was comparing attitudes. You'd think Jews would be more compassionate and empathetic after an event like the holocaust. No, it seems not. However, if you want to compare brutality, then why don't you watch this video that Subduction Zone linked.

Where is your compassion?

We Never Know

No Slack
So I guess this was a hit and run. I was comparing attitudes. You'd think Jews would be more compassionate and empathetic after an event after the holocaust. No, it seems not. However, if you want to compare brutality, then why don't you watch this video that Subduction Zone linked.

Where is your compassion?

Do you have the same compassion for rats, mice, fish, snakes, roaches, ants, spiders, etc. If not, why?

We Never Know

No Slack
I said that because of what you said bellow :p

It's quite clear mammals suffer. Do you have any pets?

I have horses, dogs and cattle.

It's quite clear rats and mice, which are mammals, suffer when caught in a trap or poisoned.

It's quite clear roaches, ants, spiders suffer when caught in a trap, poisoned, or stepped on.

It quite clear fish suffer when skinned alive.

It's quite clear snakes suffer when beat to death with a stick or shovel.

What the difference?

charlie sc

Do you have the same compassion for rats, mice, fish, snakes, roaches, ants, spiders, etc. If not, why?
I have more compassion for rats and mice because they are mammals. They are closer, in many ways, to human beings, so our mirror neurons activate more often. Also, some mammals will trigger hormones connected to maternal bonds(I.E. instinctual behaviour to protect).

What the difference?
There are many differences. For one us; how we react to them. The second difference is them. Insects may not suffer the same we we do or mammals do. Have you ever seen a fly's head chopped off? It literally does what it was doing before; it's behaviour does not change. They're going on pure instinct.

We Never Know

No Slack
I have more compassion for rats and mice because they are mammals. They are closer, in many ways, to human beings, so our mirror neurons activate more often. Also, some mammals will trigger hormones connected to maternal bonds(I.E. instinctual behaviour to protect).

There are many differences. For one us; how we react to them. The second difference is them. Insects may not suffer the same we we do or mammals do. Have you ever seen a fly's head chopped off? It literally it was doing before. They're going on pure instinct.

I see. If you feel if the animal is close to you it's wrong. If not it's ok.
A life is a life.

We Never Know

No Slack

There are many differences. For one us; how we react to them. The second difference is them. Insects may not suffer the same we we do or mammals do. Have you ever seen a fly's head chopped off? It literally does what it was doing before; it's behaviour does not change. They're going on pure instinct.

You do realize people have spiders, rats, mice, snakes, roaches, etc for pets as well right?

What happens when a chickens head is cut off. Is that suffering or instinct?

Ever seen a human beheaded? I have. They can still move there eyes for about 45 seconds. Is that instinct or suffering?