• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couldn't have said it better myself...

Kelly of the Phoenix

Yes some people prefer to see Jesus in the light of their beliefs in other religions, but that of course entails denying the gospel message in favor of the teachings of the other religions.
No, all it means is that clearly humility is not being accepted as a virtue,

Kelly of the Phoenix

From what I understand, "serious exploration of Classic Maya sites began in the 1830s. By the early to mid-20th century, a small portion of their system of hieroglyph writing had been deciphered, and more about their history and culture became known. Most of what historians know about the Maya comes from what remains of their architecture and art, including stone carvings and inscriptions on their buildings and monuments."
Mayan Civilization: Calendar, Pyramids & Ruins- HISTORY - HISTORY
The history that Moses and others had written down have been around for thousands of years, transmitted carefully and preserved. We can read the history of the kings and their good and bad points.
“Moses” didn’t have Christian missionaries burning pagan texts.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Your inability to properly understand context is because you know that God is a liar if one reads it literally. You are forced to make bogus excuses for him. Now you need to remember that by your own standards you called God a liar. Not my standards, your standards.
Not at all. Not only are you misrepresenting what I am saying, but also the Biblical account. Anyway, see you!

YoursTrue

You always skip the part where God confirmed that the serpent told the truth. The magic fruit made one get divine power and God didn’t want to share. It’s a common trope throughout the globe.
It's not a matter of sharing. Since you don't understand and don't want an explanation and will contest virtually everything I say (same with Subduction Zone), I bid you farewell for now.

YoursTrue

No, you misunderstand. You are the one that calls God a liar when you say that various myths in the Bible are true.

Why do you have such a hard time understanding this? If God can't lie then Genesis cannot be literally true. When I was a Christian I did not believe that God was a liar so I could not believe Genesis.

And in your quote the use of word "day" is used differently. It seems that you have a hard time understanding context as well.
Did they die? That's part of the point. Night and day -- which is it? Would they die in the daytime, you think? I'm sorry, but you are so mixed up it's sad to see. Bye again. :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did they die? That's part of the point. Night and day -- which is it? Would they die in the daytime, you think? I'm sorry, but you are so mixed up it's sad to see. Bye again. :)
Eventually they died. But if you understood the myth as written in the Bible you would see that they were going to die anyway.

And I see that you are ignorant of what a day is in the Bible. A day goes from sunset to sunset. Our definition is not the biblical definition of day. Since God said that they would die that day it would mean before sunset since after that it would be the next day.

YoursTrue

Eventually they died. But if you understood the myth as written in the Bible you would see that they were going to die anyway.

And I see that you are ignorant of what a day is in the Bible. A day goes from sunset to sunset. Our definition is not the biblical definition of day. Since God said that they would die that day it would mean before sunset since after that it would be the next day.
Not all days are the same insofar as descriptions go. That is not the point, however. Nobody can explain it to you except by means of God's spirit by this time. (Have a nice day, biblical or not.) And since the Bible is not written for everyone to understand, I can understand why you do not get it now. Adam & Eve died. They had the death penalty imposed on them the day they ate from that tree. They died. You call God a liar. So did Satan. Anyway, have a nice night/day/evening, watch for the day to come...

YoursTrue

How am I doing that? I used the same standards that you applied to the Serpent in the story and applied them to what God said and did in the story. How were the standards different?
You still don't 'see' that? Oh my, let me say it again. God said they would die on the day they ate from the tree they were not supposed to. Satan said they would not. They died. Satan said they would not.
A day does not always mean a 24-hour period. The DAYS of creation were far longer than 24 hours. That's all I'll say for now because the term for day does not biblically always refer to a 24 hour period.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not all days are the same insofar as descriptions go. That is not the point, however. Nobody can explain it to you except by means of God's spirit by this time. (Have a nice day, biblical or not.) And since the Bible is not written for everyone to understand, I can understand why you do not get it now. Adam & Eve died. They had the death penalty imposed on them the day they ate from that tree. They died. You call God a liar. So did Satan. Anyway, have a nice night/day/evening, watch for the day to come...
Now it appears that you are claiming that God is evil and unjust. Also no death penalty was ever applied. Why do you say that?

Plus why make the mistake of assuming that I can't understand your myths? The real problem appears to be that you cannot understand it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You still don't 'see' that? Oh my, let me say it again. God said they would die on the day they ate from the tree they were not supposed to. Satan said they would not. They died. Satan said they would not.
A day does not always mean a 24-hour period. The DAYS of creation were far longer than 24 hours. That's all I'll say for now because the term for day does not biblically always refer to a 24 hour period.
Context matters. God said that they would die the day that they ate from the tree. Satan said that they would not. They did not die that day. God lied. The context of that verse is clear. You cannot afford to understand it.

YoursTrue

Now it appears that you are claiming that God is evil and unjust. Also no death penalty was ever applied. Why do you say that?

Plus why make the mistake of assuming that I can't understand your myths? The real problem appears to be that you cannot understand it.
?? lol are you so set on twisting my words? :)

YoursTrue

Context matters. God said that they would die the day that they ate from the tree. Satan said that they would not. They did not die that day. God lied. The context of that verse is clear. You cannot afford to understand it.
They began the process of dying the day they ate from that tree, whether you like it or not as it is explained biblically, because -- each DAY of creation was not 24 hours each. And again, something you have overlooked is a question I asked you, since you seem to know so much about the Bible, when did the 7th DAY end? Can you explain?