1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could somebody please sum these questions up for me?

Discussion in 'Christianity DIR' started by Hacker, Aug 11, 2006.

1. reyjamiei

reyjamiei Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yes actually, some people do still believe that God sends storms and causes the ground to shake?

2. Super Universe

Super Universe Defender of God

Ratings:
    +465
    Religion:
    Urantia Book
    Then that is their choice. But know this, no one else is to blame. Not anything that proves to be incorrect in the bible, nor their parents who may have taught them something false, nor any priest.

Once you become an adult, an age that you can choose for yourself, then only you are responsible for what you believe.

3. Super Universe

Ratings:
    +465
    Religion:
    Urantia Book
    Me question the bible? Absolutely! It's a product of man.

Lets see how man illogical things and inconsistancies I can give you quickly?

A talking serpent?
    A forbidden tree of knowledge placed in garden instead of thousands of miles away?
    A devil in God's universe?
    Animal sacrifice to God who created the universe for life to flourish?
    The idea that God would choose certain people over others?
    The Old Testament's theory of an eye for an eye opposed to the New Testament's idea of forgiveness.
    God is jealous, could possibly become angry, and the most blasphemous thing ever, that God kills! People actually believe that the Creator kills!

These are all things that people CHOOSE to believe about God and only they are responsible.

4. Hacker

Hacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Couldn't agree with you more, it's sort of sadistic don't you think(some of it.):areyoucra
    Now, do you believe that Jesus died a very bruital death because of our sins or because that whole concept is based on his death was a result of sin? Hope that makes sense, and what doesn your religion entail?

5. true blood

true blood Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    It appears that Jesus, the High Priest, put away sin by the sacrifice of himself and as it is appointed unto men once to die then after this the judgement. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snowbear

Snowbear Nita Okhata

Ratings:
    +263
    Yep :D

Though it seems the OP would really prefer that God grant salvation in a way more to her liking ;).

7. sojourner

sojourner Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Ratings:
    +5,268
    Religion:
    Christian/Shamanic
    To many Christians, it is not the death of Christ that reconciles humanity to God, but God with us (the incarnation).

Your questions lie at the heart of the human dilemma. Christ's death, while an act of self-sacrifice, is not so much effectual as it is prophetic. We became reconciled to God when God became human, like us. Yet, we still go on sinning -- doing things that keep us out of relationship with God. Do you see the poetry in the crucifixion story? God was here with us, loving us -- building relationship with us, and we killed him. Humanity will always do things to "kill God," even though we have been reconciled to God.

Christ's call to us was to live as if we were already in right relationship with God. Yet, we reject that relationship by our own actions.

8. michel

michel Administrator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +2,655
    I agree; but the only trouble with us humans is just that - that we are human. We are incapable of being 'good enough'. I think that God will be far more interested in 'how hard we tried' rather than in 'did we succeed', because I don't believe there is anyway that we can succeed.

9. Hacker

Hacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Thanks, I've been studying the bible lately and trying so hard to understand, thank you, you guys DID shed some light. When I pray, I always pray to Jesus, it's just a few questions that seem to make me wonder.

10. Super Universe

Ratings:
    +465
    Religion:
    Urantia Book
    Upon reading this I hoped that you would continue this thought with "it is the life of Christ that reconciles humanity to God."

It is not that Christ died for our sins, he is certainly not dead, but it is His life that gives us salvation.

11. may

may Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110
    its all to do with the RANSOM , understanding the ransom will answer many questionsPut simply, the ransom is Jehovah’s means to deliver, or save, humankind from sin and death. (Ephesians 1:7) To grasp the meaning of this Bible teaching, we need to think back to what happened in the garden of Eden. Only if we understand what Adam lost when he sinned can we appreciate why the ransom is such a valuable gift to us.

12. sojourner

sojourner Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

Ratings:
    +5,268
    Religion:
    Christian/Shamanic
    I did. I said it is the incarnation (God with us), or, his life among us, if you will, that saves us.