• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could God Out-Lie Donald Trump?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
For the sake of discussion, please assume there is a god and that that god sometimes communicates with people.

If god wanted to out-lie Trump, could he?

If god could out-lie Trump, would that not mean god is capable of deceit?

If god is capable of deceit, how does one know if and when god tells the truth?

If god cannot out-lie Trump, would that not mean god is limited?

What if god could out-lie Trump, but refuses to do so?

BONUS QUESTION: Would god lie to save the life of an innocent person if the only way to save the person's life were for god to lie?

wellwisher

The confusion for the left is they have no sense of humor and do not understand sarcasm. Sarcasm is not to be taken literally. It is a type of word play joke, that requires the ability to read between the lines, to know if you have been duped.

For example, President Trump had a reception for the championship Clemson football team. He spend about $3000, of his own money, on burgers and fast food for the team. He did this since the White House cooking staff is on government shut down leave, and he didn't want to disappoint the team.

Trump make a comment that there were so many burgers on the table, they were stacked a mile high. The left wing media decided to fact check this claim of one mile hight and calculated that many burger could not be a mile high. The left does not get sarcasm. Because of their lack of humor, they can't get a laugh but get upset they were lied to.

The left is good at memorizing, but they seem to lack applied skills. Applied skills require you be able to rearrange the old things in new ways. Trump is an applied thinking type person.

The team ate all the burgers, pizza and fries and had a good time. They got the sarcasm.

Let me translate how an applied thinker reasons this sarcasm out. Trump saw the table full of food and being from a construction background it knows distances and ceiling heights. He could have estimated the height, literally, so the left did not have to think. But instead he was tailoring his sarcasm to applied people who could think this logically through like I just did.

Daemon Sophic

QUOTE="Sunstone, post: 5940123, member: 499"]For the sake of discussion, please assume there is a god and that that god sometimes communicates with people.

If god wanted to out-lie Trump, could he? Yes.

If god could out-lie Trump, would that not mean god is capable of deceit? Yes.

If god is capable of deceit, how does one know if and when god tells the truth? You don’t. Oh yeah, It’s that good.

If god cannot out-lie Trump, would that not mean god is limited? N/A. See above.

What if god could out-lie Trump, but refuses to do so? Hat tip to G(g)od.

BONUS QUESTION: Would god lie to save the life of an innocent person if the only way to save the person's life were for god to lie? Being an omnipotent being, “There are always options.” (as Spock would note). However, if not, then things get a whole lot hairier. Was this person supposed to live? Was he/she to have a great-great-grandchild who was to be the second coming of Christ (or the first, or the return of Buddha, or Muhammad, etc.....). If the person was supposed to live, then what upset the cosmic weave, or is there no such weave and free-will actually does exist, etc....etc....etc....

Daemon Sophic

The confusion for the left is they have no sense of humor and do not understand sarcasm. Sarcasm is not to be taken literally. It is a type of word play joke, that requires the ability to read between the lines, to know if you have been duped.

For example, President Trump had a reception for the championship Clemson football team. He spend about $3000, of his own money, on burgers and fast food for the team. He did this since the White House cooking staff is on government shut down leave, and he didn't want to disappoint the team.

Trump make a comment that there were so many burgers on the table, they were stacked a mile high. The left wing media decided to fact check this claim of one mile hight and calculated that many burger could not be a mile high. The left does not get sarcasm. Because of their lack of humor, they can't get a laugh but get upset they were lied to.

The left is good at memorizing, but they seem to lack applied skills. Applied skills require you be able to rearrange the old things in new ways. Trump is an applied thinking type person.

The team ate all the burgers, pizza and fries and had a good time. They got the sarcasm.

Let me translate how an applied thinker reasons this sarcasm out. Trump saw the table full of food and being from a construction background it knows distances and ceiling heights. He could have estimated the height, literally, so the left did not have to think. But instead he was tailoring his sarcasm to applied people who could think this logically through like I just did.
Chill, drone.:rolleyes:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Donald J. Trump is pretty honest when it matters the most; he has kept or is earnestly seeking to keep all the campaign promises he's made to his supporters. Likewise, if there is a God who were as highly benevolent as Donald J. Trump, he would keep or at least attempt to keep all the promises he were to have made to his followers.

JJ50

For the sake of discussion, please assume there is a god and that that god sometimes communicates with people.

BONUS QUESTION: Would god lie to save the life of an innocent person if the only way to save the person's life were for god to lie?

It would be hard for anyone or anything to out lie that cretin, Trump, even god would find it hard.

sealchan

In Genesis, God has played or supported those who have played tricks which are a form of lie. So, for starters, God is not above lying or deceiving by virtue of standing behind a liar or deceiver.

Daemon Sophic

Donald J. Trump is pretty honest when it matters the most; he has kept or is earnestly seeking to keep all the campaign promises he's made to his supporters. Likewise, if there is a God who were as highly benevolent as Donald J. Trump, he would keep or at least attempt to keep all the promises he were to have made to his followers.
I’m sorry, but I have never given a “funny” :D frubal to anyone as a purely sarcastic note before; but your posting of sheer naïveté tops the cake.
By all means do carry on with your descriptions of Trump as some sort of divine deliverance (“if there is a God who were as highly benevolent as Donald J. Trump,”...) PfffHAW!! HAW Ha Ha Haaaaaa!!
PlasticFavorableFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
The confusion for the left is they have no sense of humor and do not understand sarcasm.

Why even make this about political leanings for a religious debate thread? The real joke is Donald Trump being the president of the United States who feeds Clemson University football players fast food "out of his own pocket" as if he accomplished something, all the while federal workers have to make ends meet by getting food from charitable organizations:

Unpaid federal workers get help from food banks during government shutdown

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Donald J. Trump is pretty honest when it matters the most.

President Trump has made 6,420 false or misleading claims over 649 days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ding-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.b10b19aeae04

Pretty sad when you have newspaper outlets fact checking you with a lie counter. BTW honesty should matter all the time not most of the time. when you lie some of the time you lose credibility as a leader because you're willing to lie to the people because what you're telling us, as civilians that we cannot handle the honest truth. However true in reality that may be is besides the point that at least a president ought to be honest 100% of the time.

sealchan

Wouldn't it just be simpler to say that Trump is narcissistically prone to exaggerating anything he has a hand in? And because he isn't a liberal or Democrat, liberals are free to point out the obvious...that it is freaking scary to have someone like him in the role of President and nothing he does at this point can be laughed off? Sure he is being sarcastic...but that is practically the only way he speaks...does he know how to communicate without being sarcastic? And honestly if he is joking, then he needs to get a new hobby...sheesh!

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Did you learn this in your Stereotyping 101 course?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The real difference isn't in the number of lies, but in their effect.
This business about God's love....just look at the massive killings
throughout history. So much for the claim of love, eh.
Trump is a saint in comparison to God.
(Don't infer accolades for Donald...this is damning with faint praise.)

This thread should be in the jokes forum.

..If god wanted to out-lie Trump, could he?

I don’t see any reason why He couldn’t, if He would want. But I don’t think He would want to lie. And I don’t think He would ever have any good reason to lie. I also don’t think Trump is a liar.

Daemon Sophic

I don’t see any reason why He couldn’t, if He would want. But I don’t think He would want to lie. And I don’t think He would ever have any good reason to lie. I also don’t think Trump is a liar.

OK. You need to pay attention more.
False statements (a few might be mistakes, some might be .....something, but most are undeniably Trump Lying). There are 219 of them here, most have been repeated by tRump od nauseum, but this list is individual “False Statements”, each on a different subject.

Mostly False There are 131 of these, falling into the catagory of Lie, or Twisting the Truth and sidestepping facts to make a hard-core politician tear up with envy.

Pants on Fire. Just like it says. There have been 95 so far (each with innumerable repetitions).

Truly and unequivocally, DJT has been one of (if not THE) single most dishonest presidents in American history, and this buffoon is only half way through. This site, “Politifact” actually has investigated more statements from tRump that are actually lies, than actually turned out to be true.

PolitiFact scorecard

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Know what I hate most? I hate when people identify some group (usually large) of people, and then assign to all of them some characteristic. Like you are just doing with "the left." "The left" has "no sense of humor and do not understand sarcasm." Really, all of them?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe He could if He had a reason to do so but why bother when the democrats and the media have already done so.

OK. You need to pay attention more.
False statements (a few might be mistakes, some might be .....something, but most are undeniably Trump Lying). There are 219 of them here, most have been repeated by tRump od nauseum, but this list is individual “False Statements”, each on a different subject.

Interesting, thank you. I didn’t check them all, but the first seem to be false accusations against Trump and don’t really prove he has lied, sorry.