• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Christianity and Islam ever reach a consensus?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Never mind.
My main point is that Christian's can't even reconcile their own branches, so much that Muslims sound like a Christian sect.

Do you think JW are Christian or you draw the line at Muslims claim that Jesus didn't die?

DavidFirth

My main point is that Christian's can't even reconcile their own branches, so much that Muslims sound like a Christian sect.

Do you think JW are Christian or you draw the line at Muslims claim that Jesus didn't die?

I don't know and it isn't up to me. Both you and them have a much higher authority to answer to.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I don't know and it isn't up to me. Both you and them have a much higher authority to answer to.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
What's that verse have to do with it?

DavidFirth

What's that verse have to do with it?

Everything. Also, John 3:
16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

idav

Being
Premium Member
16For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
You quoted a different belief. Muslims believe Jesus is from god they believe he is the messiah. Trinarianism os a whole other debate. Bible never says Jesus is the God the father.

DavidFirth

You quoted a different belief. Muslims believe Jesus is from god they believe he is the messiah. Trinarianism os a whole other debate. Bible never says Jesus is the God the father.

Muslims do not believe Jesus is the Son of God. They also do not believe He died for their sins. They also do not believe Jesus rose from the dead. If they believed these things they would not be Muslims, but Christians.

According to the verse those who do not believe are already condemned.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Muslims do not believe Jesus is the Son of God. They also do not believe He died for their sins. They also do not believe Jesus rose from the dead. If they believed these things they would not be Muslims, but Christians.

According to the verse those who do not believe are already condemned.
That doesn't change what I said, the Muslims wait for Jesus the messiah. So you disagree about what entails messiah. Both religions are waiting for the end of the world so Jesus can come with his sword to finish things. It's those similarities that concern me more than the differences.

DavidFirth

That doesn't change what I said, the Muslims wait for Jesus the messiah. So you disagree about what entails messiah. Both religions are waiting for the end of the world so Jesus can come with his sword to finish things. It's those similarities that concern me more than the differences.

What concerns me is the word of God and the souls of these people. If you do not preach the Gospel to them, how then will they be saved from the wrath to come? Do they wait for the kingdom to come after they have condemned themselves? What good is that?

Faithofchristian

Look notice that of John 3:16 said
( Whosoever believeth in him )
How does the Atheists fit into that, they do not believe in Christ Jesus?
Therefore anyone who does not believe in Jesus as the Son of God, are none of his.

idav

Being
Premium Member
What concerns me is the word of God and the souls of these people. If you do not preach the Gospel to them, how then will they be saved from the wrath to come? Do they wait for the kingdom to come after they have condemned themselves? What good is that?
What should matter is love of God and love for the neighbor. All that other stuff should matter very little to salvation. Besides it's trinitarains committing idolatry according to most monotheistic takes.

DavidFirth

What should matter is love of God and love for the neighbor. All that other stuff should matter very little to salvation. Besides it's trinitarains committing idolatry according to most monotheistic takes.

Without faith it is impossible to please God. Without faith how will you believe the Gospel and be saved? Do you not understand that the Gospel is the result of God's great love?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Without faith it is impossible to please God. Without faith how will you believe the Gospel and be saved? Do you not understand that the Gospel is the result of God's great love?
Oh so I have to have faith first for it to make sense. Yeah gods love is everywhere not just books people deem their precious.

Faithofchristian

Christ Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself.
The question is, Who is the neighbor ?

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Where are you getting this information that Jesus is a shape shifter and disguises himself as to not be captured? That's not from Scripture so just wondering where you're getting these ideas from? Are they just your guesses?

It's from the Bible:

After six days, Jesus took with him Peter and James and John, and led them up a high mountain apart, by themselves. And hemetamorphosed [Greek: metemorphothe] before them, and his clothes became dazzling white, such as no fuller on earth could bleach them. (Mark 9:2-3)

After six days, Jesus took with him Peter and James and his brother John, and led them up a high mountain, by themselves. And he metamorphosed before them, and his face shone like the sun, and his clothes became dazzling white. (Matt. 17:1-2)

And while he was praying, the appearance of his face changed, and his clothes became dazzling white. (Luke 9:29)

Two Disciples On The Emmaus Road:

Later on Easter Sunday, Jesus appeared to two disciples on the road to Emmaus.

And behold, two of them were going that very day to a village named Emmaus, which was about seven miles from Jerusalem. And they were conversing with each other about all these things which had taken place. And it came about that while they were conversing and discussing, Jesus himself approached, and began traveling with them. But their eyes were prevented from recognizing him (Luke 24:13-16).

Notice they couldn't even recognise his voice for it too had changed.

After this he appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. (Mark 16:12)

Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene
11 But Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she stooped to look into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had lain, one at the head and one at the feet. 13 They said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She said to them, “They have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid him.” 14 Having said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing, but she did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” Supposing him to be the gardener, she said to him, “Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have laid him, and I will take him away.” 16 Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him in Aramaic,[a] “Rabboni!” (which means Teacher).

They got up, drove him out of the town, and led him to the brow of the hill on which their town was built, so that they might hurl him off the cliff. But he passed through the midst of them and went on his way. (Luke 4:29-30)

John 8 narrates a similar incident which takes place at the temple. After Jesus’ words enrage the Jews, they attempt to stone him, but he somehow hides and escapes.

So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple. (John 8:59)

In Mark, Jesus has been regularly preaching in the temple, and he has become so popular that the priests can’t arrest him in public. (“Day after day I was with you in the temple teaching, and you did not arrest me,” observes Jesus in Mark 14:49.) And yet, when the priests and other temple functionaries arrive at Gethsemane, Judas has to kiss Jesus so they know which man to arrest — as if he isn’t known to them by sight.

Locked Room:

John 20:19 On the evening of that day, the first day of the week, the doors being locked where the disciples were for fear of the Jews,[a] Jesus came and stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.”

Jesus pbuh had the ability to walk through locked doors too.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I have question for you, you said in the book of Revelation that Jesus returns to kill all those does who not obey God's commands.
Do you have any idea who comes first before Jesus comes.
Yes the Dajjal/Anti-Christ who establishes himself as the King of the World.

If I may answer you, There is not 3 God's.
There is only 1 God, not 3 God's.
No because 100% God would not be ignorant of the hour or a mortal being. You would have me believe 66.6% of God was ignorant.

Look Jesus = Son of God = The Father =
Almighty God = God is 1. and there is no other only 1. They are same God.
You left out the Holy Spirit who with Prophet Jesus pbuh doesn't know the hour. Only the Father is immortal and has perfect knowledge, He is ALL knowing. The Father does not pray to the HS or Prophet Jesus pbuh, but we see those two ONLY speak the words that God the Father puts in their mouths.

Look do you have a wife, do you have children, do you have friends,

Your husband to your wife.
Your a father to your children
Your a friend to your friends.
But you are only 1
1 person, several roles or titles doesn't help you because as a Husband, Father and Friend I still speak for myself, retain my knowledge etc. The friend side of me doesn't need to contact the father side of me to find out the name of my wife, nor does the father side of me have to pray to the husband side of me and wait for an answer :/

your 1 husband to your wife
your 1 to your children
your 1 to your friends

Your still only 1. Not 3, only 1.
That's right.

Like Jesus
Jesus is son of God
Jesus is Almighty God
Jesus is Holy Spirit
still only 1 God. Not 3, only 1.
No because they are not equal, it's like saying:
A banana, apple and orange are together ONE piece of fruit. Please go back to the drawing board or perhaps send me one of those trinitarian calculators as all mine report 1 + 1+ 1 = 3