• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Christianity and Islam ever reach a consensus?

DavidFirth

I think it will always be split like this although there is a religion known as Messianic Judaism so it could be likely that there would be some Muslims who follow Islam yet also believe in the Trinity etc and maybe Christians who believe that Jesus was a prophet and not Divine. I think that because there are so many denominations within Christianity, it leaves a lot of interpretations open for Christians.

Many call themselves Christians who are not Christians. In your interpretation, yes, you are correct. But not in my interpretation. John 3 is paramount. Anyone who does not believe it is no Christian.

Deidre

Many call themselves Christians who are not Christians. In your interpretation, yes, you are correct. But not in my interpretation. John 3 is paramount. Anyone who does not believe it is no Christian.

Yea, I would have to say that if people don't follow basic tenets of particular faiths, why call yourself that? But for example there are Christians who don't take the entire Bible as literal so they're still Christians but are not fundamentalists.

DavidFirth

Yea, I would have to say that if people don't follow basic tenets of particular faiths, why call yourself that? But for example there are Christians who don't take the entire Bible as literal so they're still Christians but are not fundamentalists.

As long as they believe John 3 it is possible that they are Christians.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
3:16 "For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Though this passage ONLY applies to the Jews, 600 years later, the Final Messenger of God also made it clear, believers had to accept Jesus pbuh as being sent from The Rabb, which is the closest in meaning to a Father's role.

DavidFirth

3:16 "For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Though this passage ONLY applies to the Jews, 600 years later, the Final Messenger of God also made it clear, believers had to accept Jesus pbuh as being sent from The Rabb, which is the closest in meaning to a Father's role.

Try reading the rest of the New Testament, bub. That does not just apply to the Jews.

Mohammed took the Bible and basically changed it into what he wanted it to say. Ishmael was not the chosen one. Mohammed was deluded.

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Try reading the rest of the New Testament, bub. That does not just apply to the Jews.
Jesus pbuh himself said:

Matthew 15:23 But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

He made an exception for the woman concerned in the passage, as she had a smart answer for him.

Also considering the following verse...

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Could you tell me which World is John 3:16 referring to?

Mohammed was a liar. He took the Bible and basically changed it into what he wanted it to say. Ishmael was not the chosen one. Mohammed was deluded.
Crucifixion, Trinity and Resurrection are all disputed from Christian sources, I do not even need to quote the Qur'an. Why would Muhammad pbuh want to go against the core Doctrine of Christianity? Far easier to have aid, yes he was crucified, but before he returns I am the promised comforter, or a Prophet sent to make things ready. Much easier, and would have attracted much more reverts, much quicker. Clearly he spoke the truth as your own early sources confirm.

As for Isaac and Ishmael pbut both, they were both part of a covenant with God, so I'm not sure what difference it makes? The story of Isaac pbuh and the sacrifice does not add up in the Torah. Jeremiah 8:8 comes to mind.

Muhammad pbuh was not a liar, but both Peter and James, the family and Companions of Jesus pbuh considered Paul to be a liar and likely the false self proclaimed Prophet mentioned in Rev 2:2.

Last edited:

DavidFirth

This is a typical excuse of religious people who are unkind and pretend that it has to do with God. You don't need to be rude to get your points across, perhaps you should "remove the plank from your own eye."

As you can see from the post above yours this individual needs to be addressed sternly. And even then he still will not hear.

DavidFirth

Jesus pbuh himself said:

considering the following verses:

Matthew 15:23 But Jesus did not answer a word. So His disciples came and urged Him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

He made an exception for the woman concerned in the passage, as she had a smart answer for him.

Also considering the following verse...

Hebrews 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Could you tell me which World is John 3:16 referring to?

Crucifixion, Trinity and Resurrection are all disputed from Christian sources, I do not even need to quote the Qur'an. Why would Muhammad pbuh want to go against the core Doctrine of Christianity? Far easier to have aid, yes he was crucified, but before he returns I am the promised comforter, or a Prophet sent to make things ready. Much easier, and would have attracted much more reverts, much quicker. Clearly he spoke the truth as your own early sources confirm.

As for Isaac and Ishmael pbut both, they were both part of a covenant with God, so I'm not sure what difference it makes? The story of Isaac pbuh and the sacrifice does not add up in the Torah. Jeremiah 8:8 comes to mind.

Muhammad pbuh was not a liar, but both Peter and James, the family and Companions of Jesus pbuh considered Paul to be a liar and likely the false self proclaimed Prophet mentioned in Rev 2:2.

I will not hear any of this nonsense. Clearly your mind has been polluted so that you do not hear the word of God.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Take courage, then, and defend the word of God so that I don't have to do it for you.
You must have mistaken me for someone who somehow believes in a literal word of God. Or perhaps for someone who feels some form of compulsion to pretend to be such a person.

Either way, such lines will not work on me, rest assured. If your God is real, he may want to inspire better wisdom on you.

Deidre

As you can see from the post above yours this individual needs to be addressed sternly. And even then he still will not hear.
It's not for me to judge you but your posts are like this a lot, even in my Bible thread I recently started. Idk, when Jesus said to go out and make Disciples of all nations, he didn't mean to become self righteous as a means to an end.

DavidFirth

You must have mistaken me for someone who somehow believes in a literal word of God. Or perhaps for someone who feels some form of compulsion to pretend to be such a person.

Either way, such lines will not work on me, rest assured. If your God is real, he may want to inspire better wisdom on you.

Since you will remain silent, those of the faith will speak out.