1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could a woman President actually be good for America?

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by Jonathan Bailey, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Jonathan Bailey

Jonathan Bailey Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291
    Religion:
    Considering getting back into the fold: coming home to Jesus in an Affirmed Church this time. Somewhere between an agnostic and an atheist. Questioning my faith and religion.
    I told them I could do without an AR-15 for deer hunting and that a bolt-action rifle would do, they didn't like that. When I announced that I was voting for a Democrat this coming November, they must have not been too crazy about that either.

I've just asked a truck driving forum who they like for Prez 2020.

#41 Jonathan Bailey, Jan 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  2. Windwalker

Windwalker Integralist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,042
    Religion:
    Love, Light, and Life
    What does "too Minnesotan" mean? Too much lutefisk and lefse, ice fishing and accordion music?

accordian king.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +17,009
    It takes some serious indoctrination to convince people that clean air, clean water, food free of toxins, etc. is a bad idea. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heyo

Heyo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Religion:
    none
    Wait ... didn't you just say you wanted a Toyota truck?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan Bailey

Ratings:
    +291
    Religion:
    Considering getting back into the fold: coming home to Jesus in an Affirmed Church this time. Somewhere between an agnostic and an atheist. Questioning my faith and religion.
    Yes, both Tundra and Tacoma are built right in TEXAS! My '95 Corolla was built in Fremont, CA. Some Toyotas are built in Atlanta, Georgia.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Bompu Zen Man with a little bit of Bushido.

Ratings:
    +10,830
    Religion:
    Zen Buddhism
    Even more when you notice in the first place the very infrastructure required for making a living all together has been literally ripped out and destroyed in the fanatical process of bringing about those fine things.

Of course the concept of foresight has been stricken from the record making it an unknown term for the eco Nazis riding their noble white steeds envisioning themselves as the ultimate savior of the whole of mankind as they continue to burn peoples careers and stable means of living to the ground.

7. columbus

columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell

Ratings:
    +15,229
    Religion:
    None
    It's kinda ironic, but many foreign cars have more USA in the manufacturing than domestics. Virtually none are entirely US made, and some, like the Ford Fiesta, are almost completely imported.
    Tom

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Heyo

Heyo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Religion:
    none
    Obama wasn't much better than Bush and Clinton wasn't much better than Bush sen.
    The income of the US worker has stagnated since Reagan. In the same time the income of the super rich has skyrocketed. You are paying for infrastructure (what little there still is), for big oil subsidies and for the wars. The rich are exempt from those costs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Daemon Sophic

Daemon Sophic Avatar in flux

Ratings:
    +1,823
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Heyo

Heyo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Religion:
    none
    What would you expect from a woman a man could not deliver (and vice versa)?
    Other countries had head-of-states that were women, some very successful - but most of them were just men with boobs.

11. columbus

columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell

Ratings:
    +15,229
    Religion:
    None
    But it's important to recognize that traits women tend to have aren't necessarily the traits that any particular woman has.

Appointing a female president isn't the same as appointing women, in general. Reaching the top of that ladder requires some traits generally considered masculine.
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
  12. Revoltingest

Revoltingest High Intellajence Kwoshunt.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +50,631
    Religion:
    Bokononist Atheism
    And there's a danger in buying an Ameristanian brand of truck.
    Some are imported from Canuckistan.
    Guess where you have to go for warranty work?
    That problem has bitten some guys I know.

13. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +21,661
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Hence the word "tend."

• Like Like x 1
  14. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +19,192
    Religion:
    Atheist
    While one can hear too much accordion music, you need at least a little brass for a good polka, I don't think you can have too much lefse or lutefisk. That is why all of those fund raisers are "all you can eat"

Oh darn! My roots are showing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +19,192
    Religion:
    Atheist

"Windmills cause cancer."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Rival's Wife

Ratings:
    +21,661
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    Alot of that debt is people not living within their means. Christmas junk. And pursuing mirages of material comfort. I avree wages are crap. But the debt problem isnt just having the deck stacked against us.

Then blame those who set the wages and violate labor and immigration laws. Coming here for a better life is as American as it gets. It just is not the fault of immigrants.

17. PureX

PureX Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +5,843
    Religion:
    Philosophical Taoist/Christian
    That's exactly right. Especially when you figure in the cost of healthcare.

18. Jonathan Bailey

Ratings:
    +291
    Religion:
    Americans by birth don't deserve to have their Dream sold or given away. It is Washington's fault (and Sacramento's fault) for letting those foreigners in. A foreigner's gain shouldn't be my loss. It's not American to deprive Americans by birth.

19. averageJOE

averageJOE zombie

Ratings:
    +639
  20. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +19,356
    Religion:
    Love
    We believe in giving people a helping hand to stand on their own too feat unlike the right who wants to give a helping hand to the rich who don't need it and a boat anchor to those "drowning" because of their economic condition.

And unlike some on this forum, I've known unemployed people and those with disabilities who get welfare (not counting the super rich who get welfare of a different kind for being rich). To a person, they've wanted to have good jobs and worked hard to get on their own two feet.

I also volunteer for an organization whose motto is "all of us taking care of all of us" which recognizes that I'm not above and aloof from those on the bottom.

21. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +19,356
    Religion:
    Love
    As to 2020, I've really not made up my mind. I don't want to see money buy the nomination and I want to see someone with some experience in national government.

Right now I've found myself preferring Amy Klobuchar. First, at 74, I know that age does matter to some extent. I don't have the energy etc I did when I was 60. Second, she's a mid-Westerner and that could make her more popular in November. She also seems level-headed and she's not promising what she really knows won't happen (or at least doing so as much as others).