• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cosmic Gods

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
What is Aadhyatma?
I don't know any word in english that can be used for "Adhyatma". But you can say that Adhyatma is made from two words Adhayan(study) and Atma (self ). So Adhyatma is Science through which one attains the power to raise one's level to higher consciousness. After crossing the certain level person gets the ability to connect to devtas not only he/she can talk to devtas but can also see the hidden worlds in our our own world. I have witnessed these divine devtas through help of some people. However I will not debate in this matter, I can only give answers. :D

Straw Dog

I don't know any word in english that can be used for "Adhyatma". But you can say that Adhyatma is made from two words Adhayan(study) and Atma (self ). So Adhyatma is Science through which one attains the power to raise one's level to higher consciousness. After crossing the certain level person gets the ability to connect to devtas not only he/she can talk to devtas but can also see the hidden worlds in our our own world. I have witnessed these divine devtas through help of some people. However I will not debate in this matter, I can only give answers. :D

That's trippy. Understanding oneself is surely a way towards wisdom and transcendence.

These experiences take place on the intuitive and imaginative levels of experience. I think that's great as long any interpretations are balanced by the empirical and rational faculties to create a more comprehensive worldview.

We don't have to debate. I believe that there's many different philosophical and mystical approaches to reality that may coexist together. I don't need to possess Ultimate Answers. I enjoy contemplating the infinite inquiry into the vast mystery of ever-changing being. Any definite answer we could come up with would just raise further questions. :D

Last edited:

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
These experiences take place on the intuitive and imaginative levels. I think any interpretations should be balanced with the empirical and rational faculties, however.
No it's not a state of imagination but a state when you are more conscious. I can still tell you many Tantric Sadhnas (rituals). Not one or two but more than hundred or thousand. But you cannot perform them without that proper level of Consciousness. I myself do not perform them. Some of them are soo dangerous that if person did a little mistake than either it will kill him on spot or make him mad. But if any person completes it than it gets everything he wants. Some of old people of our State were so expert that they learned to change there body in to animals.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Hello,

I've decided to open my mind and explore the notion of gods further. I believe that if there's one god then there must be another. This race of gods would've risen through physical and biological processes and transformed socially, culturally, and technologically to a certain omega point in cosmic evolution where they transcended all mortal concerns and entered into an existence of perfect contentment and well-being. I don't believe it'd be appropriate to worship these hyperadvanced entities, but a healthy degree of awe and reverence seems warranted in light of their excellence and self-mastery over countless cosmic cycles. I realize this is speculative, but is it plausible? Do you think cosmic gods could exist?

Yes. This is a lot like what I believe with the notable exception that I don't think this has been achieved yet, and that I think there were beings that began at this level when the universe 'banged'. Of course, both of those distinctions are equally speculative. What I believe is that if evolution is given enough time all bets are off. It's not too hard to imagine that somewhere in the universe there is a species that has evolved along the exact same lines as we did only they did it 8 billion years ago or something. I try to imagine what our technology will be like 1 hundred years from now and I know I'm a fool for trying even that. 8 billion years? There just isn't any way to even begin guessing what we will be like. So, if there is life all over the universe, and life like ours all over the universe, then there is probably life like ours +8 billion years of development, too. Kind of scary to think what they must be like. Still, I don't think that's even long enough to completely shrug off mortality. Who knows, though?

EDIT: I wanted to add that I think it may be something very far to reach for a 'species', but maybe much closer for an individual. That it is something more of a transcendence of mortality itself as opposed to a functional ignorance of it. For example, a people may develop the medical technology to repair any wound, cure any disease, reverse the aging process, even reattach and restart and rebuild cellular or even molecular or atomic structures to put the body back to exactly how it was in functioning order before an accident. This is a functional ignorance of death. It no longer matters if you die, you can be brought back in perfect working order. But the being that has transcended mortality has no need for this. Kill the body a billion times it doesn't change anything. It was just an avatar anyway. This seems like something a being might achieve by happenstance or through diligence as opposed to something a lot of beings would attain through technology or evolution (same thing, imo).

Last edited:

Straw Dog

No it's not a state of imagination but a state when you are more conscious. I can still tell you many Tantric Sadhnas (rituals). Not one or two but more than hundred or thousand. But you cannot perform them without that proper level of Consciousness. I myself do not perform them. Some of them are soo dangerous that if person did a little mistake than either it will kill him on spot or make him mad. But if any person completes it than it gets everything he wants. Some of old people of our State were so expert that they learned to change there body in to animals.

Interesting, but how can you test that it's not just intuition mixed with imagination and cultural beliefs?

I take a skeptical approach and seek justification from many different sources. I accept mystical experiences as legitimate reasons for certain views, but personally require support from other warrants like empirical evidence and rational deduction.

The fact that people can get killed or go mad with these rituals make them not seem conducive to general well-being so I think I'll pass.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Interesting, but how can you test that it's not just intuition mixed with imagination and cultural beliefs?
Sure, there are two method to perform them. One is easy and take much time while second is quick but a lot of fear is experienced during shortcut. However I can tell you some very lovely tantric rituals or some very fierce rituals. Which one you want to perform. Here is a golden chance to test it but I will not be responsible if it harm you in case of fierce rituals. You must have the courage to face them. :angel2:

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Here is a story of person who did a fierce sadhna named Karnpichashni sadhna and paid heavy for it.
Karna Pishachini
I have met people who completed this ritual and now they have the power to tell everything about a person and read minds of people. But still they have to pray Karnpichsni. If they do not then she will create trouble. Also one needs to be mentally strong to hold such power. The link I gave you is about a person who was weak so this Karnpichani ruined his life.

Straw Dog

Yes. This is a lot like what I believe with the notable exception that I don't think this has been achieved yet, and that I think there were beings that began at this level when the universe 'banged'. Of course, both of those distinctions are equally speculative. What I believe is that if evolution is given enough time all bets are off. It's not too hard to imagine that somewhere in the universe there is a species that has evolved along the exact same lines as we did only they did it 8 billion years ago or something. I try to imagine what our technology will be like 1 hundred years from now and I know I'm a fool for trying even that. 8 billion years? There just isn't any way to even begin guessing what we will be like. So, if there is life all over the universe, and life like ours all over the universe, then there is probably life like ours +8 billion years of development, too. Kind of scary to think what they must be like. Still, I don't think that's even long enough to completely shrug off mortality. Who knows, though?

Yeah, what I'm thinking is that this race of gods would be pandimensional. The omega point in their cosmic evolution would've been when they could escape pockets of space/time, like our miniverse, and control the laws of nature. They would only reach this stage through self-mastery though to avoid abusing each generation of technology and self-destructing. Within an infinite Universe, and with all the possibilities of biological and synthetic evolution, it seems at least plausible that one race of entities may have reached a certain point, at least once among countless cosmic cycles, beyond which no greater refinements can be made.

Straw Dog

Here is a story of person who did a fierce sadhna named Karnpichashni sadhna and paid heavy for it.
Karna Pishachini
I have met people who completed this ritual and now they have the power to tell everything about a person and read minds of people. But still they have to pray Karnpichsni. If they do not then she will create trouble. Also one needs to be mentally strong to hold such power. The link I gave you is about a person who was weak so this Karnpichani ruined his life.

Have you ever heard of the Guru Buster? He goes around India impersonating a guru with supernatural power. He's extremely convincing in his illusions. He even performs mind readings and exorcisms (with the 'possessed' feeling liberated even!). Afterwards, he reveals the trickery and educates the locals on the mass charlatanism taking advantage of their ignorance and taking what little money they have. He also exposes these gurus directly with tests and cameras. He's debunked hundreds of them.

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Have you ever heard of the Guru Buster? He goes around India impersonating a guru with supernatural power. He's extremely convincing in his illusions. He even performs mind readings and exorcisms (with the 'possessed' feeling liberated even!). Afterwards, he reveals the trickery and educates the locals on the mass charlatanism taking advantage of their ignorance and taking what little money they have. He also exposes these gurus directly with tests and cameras. He's debunked hundreds of them.
In India 90% percent of Gurus are fake and cheat people. But Is this mistake of Tantra?? Definitely not. It's the mistake of such people who cannot differentiate between a false and a genuine person. I myself was an atheist two years ago but such things forced me to believe. Now I myself studying it. I am in search of Guru.

Sir Doom

Cooler than most of you
Yeah, what I'm thinking is that this race of gods would be pandimensional. The omega point in their cosmic evolution would've been when they could escape pockets of space/time, like our miniverse, and control the laws of nature. They would only reach this stage through self-mastery though to avoid abusing each generation of technology and self-destructing. Within an infinite Universe, and with all the possibilities of biological and synthetic evolution, it seems at least plausible that one race of entities may have reached a certain point, at least once among countless cosmic cycles, beyond which no greater refinements can be made.

Yeah, I see what you mean I just think its more likely to be individuals from many different sources as opposed to an individual source that produced many beings. Not that I really know why it would be that way instead of the other way.

Straw Dog

In India 90% percent of Gurus are fake and cheat people. But Is this mistake of Tantra?? Definitely not. It's the mistake of such people who cannot differentiate between a false and a genuine person. I myself was an atheist two years ago but such things forced me to believe. Now I myself studying it. I am in search of Guru.

Fair enough. I wish you lucid travels in your search.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Hello,

I've decided to open my mind and explore the notion of gods further. I believe that if there's one god then there must be another. This race of gods would've risen through physical and biological processes and transformed socially, culturally, and technologically to a certain omega point in cosmic evolution where they transcended all mortal concerns and entered into an existence of perfect contentment and well-being. I don't believe it'd be appropriate to worship these hyperadvanced entities, but a healthy degree of awe and reverence seems warranted in light of their excellence and self-mastery over countless cosmic cycles. I realize this is speculative, but is it plausible? Do you think cosmic gods could exist?

What if cosmic gods didn't exist, but existence is a cosmic god?

Straw Dog

Yeah, I see what you mean I just think its more likely to be individuals from many different sources as opposed to an individual source that produced many beings. Not that I really know why it would be that way instead of the other way.

I guess the Gods could've bubbled up through different evolutionary tracks and still reached a similar omega point in their transformations.

The Sum of Awe

But I already have a decent name for existence. I just call it the "Universe". The "One Song" already works well as a metaphor so why bother making another?

Existence is beyond the universe, because, the universe is existing.

The Sum of Awe

But I already have a name for that which is beyond. I call it "primal chaos" and it sounds catchier than "God" with less baggage. :D

But primal chaos is existing. God is existing, and because God is existing, that means existence is more than God. I'm not saying to call existence God.