• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corwellian Nativism

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Anybody know anything about this tradition?

Is there anything weird I should know about?

I'm not joining the tradition or anything, just, I have the first book in the four part series and I want some more info.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
It’s an eclectic Neopagan witchcraft headed by a couple of hucksters that came about within the past 30 years that claims far greater antiquity and to be Wiccan (and Native American). It’s neither, rather a correspondence program that teaches a mixture of common eclectic Neopagan witchcraft blended with a large amount of New Age material. Anyone can join, there is no quality control or vetting (there are people who have signed up their pets for the classes that became initiates).

As you progre$$” you get nifty colorful badges like those earned in youths scouting clubs.

7997991.jpg

Frankly, it’s not well regarded either in the US or the UK and is not one of the Wiccan traditions.

To give some perspective on how non-Wiccan it actually is, one of the founders released a tactics manual on how to infiltrate real Wiccan traditions in order to steal their Books of Shadow.

Ten Reasons Why I'm Not Woo-Woo for WitchSchool

The Correliian Crack-up

Complaint Review: Witch School

RedDragon94

It’s an eclectic Neopagan witchcraft headed by a couple of hucksters that came about within the past 30 years that claims far greater antiquity and to be Wiccan (and Native American). It’s neither, rather a correspondence program that teaches a mixture of common eclectic Neopagan witchcraft blended with a large amount of New Age material. Anyone can join, there is no quality control or vetting (there are people who have signed up their pets for the classes that became initiates).

As you progre$$” you get nifty colorful badges like those earned in youths scouting clubs.

7997991.jpg

Frankly, it’s not well regarded either in the US or the UK and is not one of the Wiccan traditions.

To give some perspective on how non-Wiccan it actually is, one of the founders released a tactics manual on how to infiltrate real Wiccan traditions in order to steal their Books of Shadow.

Ten Reasons Why I'm Not Woo-Woo for WitchSchool

The Correliian Crack-up

Complaint Review: Witch School
So they do or do not teach real natural magick?

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
So they do or do not teach real natural magick?

This is where one can say "real" is subjective. Is it real Wiccan or Native American magic, no. At best they've lifted elements from either and put their own spin on it. Is it real to their particular practice, yes.

RedDragon94

This is where one can say "real" is subjective. Is it real Wiccan or Native American magic, no. At best they've lifted elements from either and put their own spin on it. Is it real to their particular practice, yes.
Hmmmmmmm. I don't know, I smell creepypasta for some reason.

*Change of topic* What do you think about Scott Cunningham's theory on magick?

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Hmmmmmmm. I don't know, I smell creepypasta for some reason.

*Change of topic* What do you think about Scott Cunningham's theory on magick?

Cunningham's work isn't germane to traditional Wicca and it's been a long while since I've read through his books, you'll have to recap what he states, please.

RedDragon94

Cunningham's work isn't germane to traditional Wicca and it's been a long while since I've read through his books, you'll have to recap what he states, please.
Basically magick is natural instead of supernatural, to paraphrase.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Basically magick is natural instead of supernatural, to paraphrase.

Well, I just looked up his Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic and he states rather simplistically, "Magic is the use of the natural forces of nature to bring about needed changes." I don't disagree with that, it is essentially what witchcraft boils down to - low/folk magic.

RedDragon94

Well, I just looked up his Earth Power: Techniques of Natural Magic and he states rather simplistically, "Magic is the use of the natural forces of nature to bring about needed changes." I don't disagree with that, it is essentially what witchcraft boils down to - low/folk magic.
Okay. :)

Neo-Wicca is one way I've heard him described as.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
If you imagine that there is a "pure" or "true" Wicca, you won't be happy with what they offer. To me, magic is magic.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
If you imagine that there is a "pure" or "true" Wicca, you won't be happy with what they offer. To me, magic is magic.

One won't learn anything relevant to actual Wicca from Correallian and quite often Correallians are not accepted for training in Wicca because what they've been taught is either incompatible with or too ingrained to facilitate their ability to progress in Wicca.

Actual Wicca is foremost an initiatory pagan priesthood that employs witchcraft, not just simply witchcraft itself (which is secular and can be employed either in or outside of a religious format).

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR

Ah, so they're Scientology Wicca.