• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus Facts and Information thread:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Daughter says things are nuts in NYC....empty asian
restaurants....store shelves cleaned out of TP & PB.
Mrs Revolt says that people in the asian grocery stores
here are wearing masks....nowhere else though yet.
No cases known yet in Michiganistan.

I should wear my double canister VOC respirator
out in public....that'd get some double takes.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I've been reading a lot of articles since this all started so I may be able to give some answers or at least provide some links but it'll have to wait until I can get to a desktop. Would be too much to do on a phone.
I'm always and only on my phone,. But I got brave and took the trip anyway even though they have two dead here. WTH is any body going to do? Cancel life and all plans to try to avoid getting sick?

I took a plane in Queens, NY on destination to Lee County, FL. I'm still okay.

But you bet I'm washing my hands 45 times a day and using mindfulness to not touch my face. We have to keep living while we can eh? Ask me again in 14 days.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
politico said:
Earlier this weekend, The Associated Press reported that the CDC was vetoed by the White House when it wanted to advise older people against flying commercially,
CDC warns against long plane trips and cruises as coronavirus cases mount
Daughter says things are nuts in NYC....empty asian
restaurants....store shelves cleaned out of TP & PB.
Mrs Revolt says that people in the asian grocery stores
here are wearing masks....nowhere else though yet.
No cases known yet in Michiganistan.

I should wear my double canister VOC respirator
out in public....that'd get some double takes.

31GGxAMz-mL.jpg

"Wonder if I can still post on RF in this full-body condom".

I'm always and only on my phone,. But I got brave and took the trip anyway even though they have two dead here. WTH is any body going to do? Cancel life and all plans to try to avoid getting sick?

I took a plane in Queens, NY on destination to Lee County, FL. I'm still okay.

But you bet I'm washing my hands 45 times a day and using mindfulness to not touch my face. We have to keep living while we can eh? Ask me again in 14 days.

I'm in kind of a quandary myself: on the one hand I want to fly from Southern Cal to Chicago so I can do all the shopping and what-not for my 87 yr old father and his wife, who has diabetes. They're both in high risk groups, so I don't want them to take any chances. On the other hand, I have this picture of me catching the virus on the plane and infecting them once I get there.

Maybe I'll try and catch a nice, empty boxcar and ride the rails all the way there . . .

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
The Australian share market is now down 6.5% on what is proving to be one of the most disastrous days for the ASX200 in recent history. The mounting concerns about a global recession caused by the virus have been compounded by the shock decision by Saudi Arabia to start an oil price war, sparking a 20% fall in the cost of benchmark Brent crude. Stocks in Japan, Korea and Hong Kong are also deep in the red.

The stock market rout won’t reach the bottom until the coronavirus is contained in the United States, according to an Australian economist.
the guardian.com

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Out of curiosity....
Does anyone know why the media posts a picture of the virus when they present a story about it?
I mean, are we supposed to be keeping a look out for it or something?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Out of curiosity....
Does anyone know why the media posts a picture of the virus when they present a story about it?
I mean, are we supposed to be keeping a look out for it or something?

It’s a stylisation of the Badge of The Seventh Ray, our alien overlords.
This is the Immanentisation of The Eschaton.

Viruses are not living things. Any programmable molecular replicator can manufacture them.

:alien:

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
it seems to prefer cool temps and moist air
and can survive on a firm surface for days

beware your door knobs
Those #!@&%^$! American doorknobs! Fomites all!
I prefer the European style door levers. You can open them with your knee, if kneeded. :cool:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
yep......looks air borne
Medically, there's a difference between droplet borne and airborne.
Masks can be effective, if properly fitted, against droplet contamination. Free-floating viral particles, on the other hand, call for more specialized masking.

We really don't know much about this latest strain of Coronavirus. Research is proceeding fast, but I've seen widely ranging opinions on such questions as:
Airborne (vs droplet) infection. Survival time on surfaces. Re-infection potential after recovery. Pre-symptomatic infectiousness/onset of viral shedding. Asymptomatic and post symptomatic viral shedding. Seasonality.