• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coronavirus: CPAP to the rescue?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I remember large ads in the newspaper, when l lived in Houston around 2000, stating scarily that cut-price drugs from Canada hadn't gone through the rigorous certification process required in the USA - while of course saying nothing about the rigorous certification process drugs go through in Canada.

I thought the implication that Canada was a sort of Wild West of unapproved, dangerous drug manufacture rather amusing. Personally, I'd feel marginally safer getting that sort of thing in Canada than I would in the States.
Bureaucracies must justify their existence.
He-who-shall-not-be-named has advocated streamlining drug
approvals here to deal with the pandemic. Let's hope that it's
done soon & well.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

exchemist

Veteran Member
That darn pendulum again.
Indeed. It was not so long ago that one our of our Conservative governments promised a "bonfire of red tape" when they got into office. Once they were in office, however, we heard no more about it. The reason was they made a list of all the regulations they thought they could get rid of....and then found there were, actually, fairly sound reasons for the existence of most of them.

So, contrary to the easy idea they had had before getting into power, they found their predecessors had not been total idiots after all! It's awfully easy to get the idea somebody is an idiot, before you have taken the trouble to understand the topic.;) It's a trap I fall into myself.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Indeed. It was not so long ago that one our of our Conservative governments promised a "bonfire of red tape" when they got into office. Once they were in office, however, we heard no more about it. The reason was they made a list of all the regulations they thought they could get rid of....and then found there were, actually, fairly sound reasons for the existence of most of them.

So, contrary to the easy idea they had had before getting into power, they found their predecessors had not been total idiots after all! It's awfully easy to get the idea somebody is an idiot, before you have taken the trouble to understand the topic.;) It's a trap I fall into myself.
Avoid traps.
lgbear9.JPG