• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corona virus positive

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
My wife has had a low fever and body aches for days. The doctors originally said it was the flu, which she supposedly tested positive for. After 3 more days they gave her antibiotic for bacterial infections 2 more days and throwing up, took her to the hospital and after a blood test she has the coronavirus. The symptoms were not at all what they are describing on-line or on TV. Every symptom check on-line stated she had the Flu. As I get a flu shot I wasn't worried. Needless to say I have been sick the last 2 days same symptoms, low grade fever and body aches only.

If sick assume it is the coronavirus until tested and even after being tested assume its the coronavirus.

Cooky

Veteran Member
My wife has had a low fever and body aches for days. The doctors originally said it was the flu, which she supposedly tested positive for. After 3 more days they gave her antibiotic for bacterial infections 2 more days and throwing up, took her to the hospital and after a blood test she has the coronavirus. The symptoms were not at all what they are describing on-line or on TV. Every symptom check on-line stated she had the Flu. As I get a flu shot I wasn't worried. Needless to say I have been sick the last 2 days same symptoms, low grade fever and body aches only.

If sick assume it is the coronavirus until tested and even after being tested assume its the coronavirus.

Please keep us informed here if you can, as you go through this. We're all going to be rooting for you and your wife through this.

You can beat this.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Watch out for losing your sense of taste and smell, too. (Mine are starting to return, 11 days after I suddenly lost them.)
Did they keep your wife in hospital after the test, or is she back at home?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

That's when I would get tested if I have a fever or have problems breathing as per the recommendations.

My hopes are with you for you and your wife that you'll pull through just a little worse for wear after it runs its course.

Stay well as humanly possible.

atanu

Premium Member

Get well soon, Bob.

suncowiam

I wish you well.

suncowiam

That's when I would get tested if I have a fever or have problems breathing as per the recommendations.

My hopes are with you for you and your wife that you'll pull through just a little worse for wear after it runs its course.

Stay well as humanly possible.

I think the safest assumption is that he has it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
il_570xN.781519385_3fa7.jpg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I wish you both well.

Any idea how you might have come in contact with it? If you don't mind my asking?

I feel fairly secure with my current safeguards in place. My wife however get severely ill whenever she gets the flu and being a nurse, I kind of worry about that.

Daemon Sophic

I hope that you and your wife recover smoothly and soon @bobhikes .

Yes, the symptoms of Covid-19 are very varied, but any fever and general body aches and weakness (classic flu-like symptoms) should be assumed as Covid positive.
Call your hospital or doctor’s office for a test. But recognize that they will likely want to swab your nose through your car window, rather than letting you walk inside. They will then send you home unless you are in severe distress.
Good luck to everyone.

leov

From CDC:

"Positive [test] results are indicative of active infection with 2019-nCoV but do not rule out bacterial infection or co-infection with other viruses. The agent detected may not be the definite cause of disease. Laboratories within the United States and its territories are required to report all positive results to the appropriate public health authorities."

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I wish you both well.

Any idea how you might have come in contact with it? If you don't mind my asking?

I feel fairly secure with my current safeguards in place. My wife however get severely ill whenever she gets the flu and being a nurse, I kind of worry about that.
My wife worked at a pharmacy. I believe one of the pharmacists has tested positive too.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

I've not heard much about it, but I don't see why someone can't have both at the same time. That of course is very very ugly.

I hope it passes quickly for both of you (and everyone else).

Laika

Premium Member

Stay in touch and keep us updated. We are all wishing you a speedy recovery and just want to know you are both safe.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Brought my wife to the hospital again today, they are keeping her until she feels better. For 2 days after the last visit nothing got better. They say her breathing needs to approve. No changes in my condition either, still feel like I got the Flu, no coughing just a low grade fever and muscle pains. It is rather annoying. The hospital allows no visitors.