• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corona in Tx

Riders

Numbers have surged so high it's crazy for folks getting the new variety. The Delta is spreading like wildfire. I am scared to get out and get the vaccine. But I'll have to sometime maybe in September when it's not so hot.

I am not going out even after I have the vaccine, even those with the vaccine are getting it.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
If only there was a preventative measure that could have helped.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If only there was a preventative measure that could have helped.
What a novel idea! Whoddathunkit that there are actually measures to mitigate pandemic risks. Did they know this when the Bubonic Plague ravaged the world?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
More and more clips are showing up on the news of people saying, "I wish I'd got the vaccine" -- just before they die and leave a widow and children behind. It could have been so different if....

But there it is. There's always that "if," isn't there? We ought to have known better -- and probably did, deep down -- but frightened ourselves, or social-media-ed ourselves, or otherwise dissuaded ourselves from doing what we should. And people die as a result.

Problem is, 613,000 is just a number. Nobody knows 613,000 people, so the fact that that many have died in misery is just a statistic, not something we truly grok.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Certain right wing pundits were spreading the nonsense that people were going door to door with the vaccine. That is not happening and not going to happen.

But it wouldn’t be too bad if they did.

Actually this is the kind of shot people an easily give themselves. Just mail it to anyone who wants it.

Put it on door dash.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Certain right wing pundits were spreading the nonsense that people were going door to door with the vaccine. That is not happening and not going to happen.

But it wouldn’t be too bad if they did.

Actually this is the kind of shot people an easily give themselves. Just mail it to anyone who wants it.

Put it on door dash.
The Pfizer vaccine must be kept cold (-60 z -80 C) prior to mixing, shipped in dry ice and refrigerated units, and doesn't have very long to be used once taken out of deep freezing. And even then, before it's actually used it still has to be kept cold.
The mail and DoorDash just aren't viable options for this. In addition there is a 15 monitoring period after getting the injection in case something is to happen.