• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Corbyn stepping down

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Tony Blair is looking very tired, and seems to be losing his "superpowers". Is this due to him being exposed to the destructive element "corbinite"? :p

You'll have to ask him. He was still a much better leader and politician than the Left have ever put forward. :rolleyes:

Altfish

Veteran Member
If the YouGov poll in the Guardian is to be believed Kier Starmer is looking good for the next Labour leader; I hope they are right.
Needless to say the Tory press are ignoring or starting to panic about a viable PM for Labour.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If the YouGov poll in the Guardian is to be believed Kier Starmer is looking good for the next Labour leader; I hope they are right.
Needless to say the Tory press are ignoring or starting to panic about a viable PM for Labour.

Possibly good news but I'm not too optimistic.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Jeff is on the case –

When are the “progressive” Labour party ever going to elect a female leader?

They continue to dwell in the past.

If they believe in gender equality and diversity, they should elect Diane Abbott –

They should have realised by now that the country does not want a Marxist government, even one led by a millionaire.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Jeff is on the case –

When are the “progressive” Labour party ever going to elect a female leader?

They continue to dwell in the past.

If they believe in gender equality and diversity, they should elect Diane Abbott –

They should have realised by now that the country does not want a Marxist government, even one led by a millionaire.
Great to see the mad right are not happy and trying to discredit.
You know Kier Starmer is the right choice if that happens; they fear the sanity he may bring.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Great to see the mad right are not happy and trying to discredit.
You know Kier Starmer is the right choice if that happens; they fear the sanity he may bring.

If Starmer wins, it will be another win for the Tories.

The Labour party is in desperate need of sanity but he is not the one to bring it, but he could be the best they have. That must be some cold comfort for the Left.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
If Starmer wins, it will be another win for the Tories.

The Labour party is in desperate need of sanity but he is not the one to bring it, but he could be the best they have. That must be some cold comfort for the Left.

They are likely to win anyway, but almost all of the left-leaning bunch will be just as bad as Corbyn.