• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COP26 prediction

Will anything useful come out of it?

• Total voters

Nimos

The overarching goal of COP26 is to curb all countries' greenhouse gas emissions to slow the climate crisis. Countries will discuss the progress they've made in cutting emissions while looking to future climate goals too.

Do you think they will figure something out or will they simply agree to a lot of none binding agreements? :)

Lain

The overarching goal of COP26 is to curb all countries' greenhouse gas emissions to slow the climate crisis. Countries will discuss the progress they've made in cutting emissions while looking to future climate goals too.

Do you think they will figure something out or will they simply agree to a lot of none binding agreements? :)

I was going to say "I think nothing will happen but a lot of talk," but that's not entirely accurate. Perhaps these things really do slow the climate crisis a bit, just not enough that I judge it to make a difference or to celebrate. So I put "no" still on the poll even though my answer is "it won't make a difference in the long run even if it achieves a little."

I'm blackpilled on the environment issue and it doesn't factor into my life anymore. "Eat and drink for tomorrow we shall die."

F1fan

Veteran Member
I think something will be useful. That is a low bar. I doubt there are enough global actors willing to impose changes to greenhouse gas emissions since it will negatively affect their economies. I think many look at China as a beneficiary if all others take drastic actions.

Oddly, it's like 19 people in a lifeboat not wanting to bail water because China keeps poking holes in the hull.