• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cooking for your loved ones

Shaul

Premium Member
Do you cook?

For myself I enjoy cooking. I may not be the world's greatest cook, but my family hasn't complained yet. :p I have found that the ladies like it if you cook for them. So, that seems like reason enough to cook for them. ;) It is also a fun fact that no husband was ever murdered while cooking. At least I think that is a fact. It certainly can't hurt.

Some things I enjoy cooking are; home made enchiladas, cholent( Cholent - Wikipedia ), matzo brei( Matzo Brei | Recipe ), and home made potato salad. Plus a bunch of others.

What do you cook for your loved ones?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you cook?

For myself I enjoy cooking. I may not be the world's greatest cook, but my family hasn't complained yet. :p I have found that the ladies like it if you cook for them. So, that seems like reason enough to cook for them. ;) It is also a fun fact that no husband was ever murdered while cooking. At least I think that is a fact. It certainly can't hurt.

Some things I enjoy cooking are; home made enchiladas, cholent( Cholent - Wikipedia ), matzo brei( Matzo Brei | Recipe ), and home made potato salad. Plus a bunch of others.

I love cooking for those I care for! It can be hard with a house full of picky eaters, but I try my best...

The family favorite seems to be matar paneer. Pasta dishes often go over well, too. On Sundays, my friend comes over, and we bake a cake together, each week from a different country(we're going in alphabetical order, and are in the Cs currently).

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I cook most of the meals twice. We have a vegetarian amongst us so anything with meat is also made meat free.

Husband will cook chilli or spaghetti bolognese. And he is a dab hand at driving the bbq. That probably takes care of one meal a fortnight.

One or more of the children will someone prepare something, perhaps once a week.

The rest is down to me, except once a month when we go out for a meal

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I cook most of the meals twice. We have a vegetarian amongst us so anything with meat is also made meat free.

Husband will cook chilli or spaghetti bolognese. And he is a dab hand at driving the bbq. That probably takes care of one meal a fortnight.

One or more of the children will someone prepare something, perhaps once a week.

The rest is down to me, except once a month when we go out for a meal

That's so sweet you make the meals twice... I went vegetarian at 12, and Mom informed me I'd be cooking for myself from then on.

Looking back, it was a blessing in disguise(I really enjoyed cooking/baking).

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Do you cook?
Yes, I do, but then my family usually runs for cover. :emojconfused:

I love making soups of various types, especially those based on a coconut curry broth. I love and make potato soup fairly regularly, but my Sicilian wife is lactose intolerant with also an allergy to milk protein as well. I love rice but my wife doesn't.:emojconfused: I make salads of all sorts, and some of those she will eat-- but not all. :emojconfused:

Are you picking up a pattern here?

Shaul

Premium Member
When I was a teenager I started doing most of the family cooking because everyone else was busy with work.

Shaul

Premium Member
Yes, I do, but then my family usually runs for cover. :emojconfused:

I love making soups of various types, especially those based on a coconut curry broth. I love and make potato soup fairly regularly, but my Sicilian wife is lactose intolerant with also an allergy to milk protein as well. I love rice but my wife doesn't.:emojconfused: I make salads of all sorts, and some of those she will eat-- but not all. :emojconfused:

Are you picking up a pattern here?
Psst, order take out, put enough in some pans to make it look good, hide the containers, take the credit. ;)

metis

Psst, order take out, put enough in some pans to make it look good, hide the containers, take the credit. ;)
Got it! :)

BTW, for dinner today we have leftover Middle Eastern food from a restaurant that we went to yesterday, the cuisine of which I really like in general. When we've been in Israel, that's usually where I prefer to go most of the time, although some of the best pizza I ever have had is there that even my wife really likes better than most of the pizza we have had in Italia.

Shaul

Premium Member
Got it! :)

BTW, for dinner today we have leftover Middle Eastern food from a restaurant that we went to yesterday, the cuisine of which I really like in general. When we've been in Israel, that's usually where I prefer to go most of the time, although some of the best pizza I ever have had is there that even my wife really likes better than most of the pizza we have had in Italia.
The one thing I can't get outside of Israel is a really good sachlev ham! ( Israeli Food: Sachlav ) I can't resist that stuff! It is ambrosia but the sugar is bad for me. Love the olives and cheeses there too. Now I want to go back!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Do you cook?

We share the cooking. We both enjoy it and have similar tastes (thankfully).

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Do you cook?

I prepare all the meals because my wife hates cooking, she does all the cleaning up. I don't love it but I also don't mind, it's like mowing the lawn... something that has to be done. Her favourite meal that I cook for her on special occasions is eggs benedict. Other favs include spaghetti sauce and a few different types of Mexican.

metis

The one thing I can't get outside of Israel is a really good sachlev ham! ( Israeli Food: Sachlav ) I can't resist that stuff! It is ambrosia but the sugar is bad for me. Love the olives and cheeses there too. Now I want to go back!
I never had it but would probably like it as I like all the ingredients. Yes, the olives & cheeses are very good, and we have lotsa olives as my wife is from Sicily and there's a Sicilian market walking distance from our home.

My favorite place in Jerusalem was a Middle Eastern restaurant in the Muslem Quarter of the Old City, and in Tel Aviv it was "Milk & Honey" on the waterfront.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I enjoy cooking. I do most of it at home. Not fine-dining but I can make a dozen-or-so meals pretty well. Vegetarian versions of things I liked when I was a meat-eater, mostly.