• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Converted because of RF

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The above reminds me of this: "If you have a clock, you know exactly what time it is; but if you have many clocks, you'll never be sure exactly what time it is"............

Good point ^ above^. I find for genuine ' wheat ' Christians the clock's exact time is always 6:33 meaning always set at Matthew 6:33.

QuestioningMind

... and since a 'lack of belief' can't be proven then it is the exercise of faith in the lack of proof that God can Not be proven. (?)

I really have no idea what you're attempting to say here. As for a 'lack of belief' can't be proven, it can't be proven for whom? The only proof I require that I lack a belief in any given claim is my lack of belief. How would I possibly be able to prove to you or anyone else that I lack a belief in something? And why would I have to? If I ask you if you believe that Big Foot exists and you reply that you lack a belief that Big Foot definitely exists, why would I ask you for proof that you lack this belief?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I really have no idea what you're attempting to say here. As for a 'lack of belief' can't be proven, it can't be proven for whom? The only proof I require that I lack a belief in any given claim is my lack of belief. How would I possibly be able to prove to you or anyone else that I lack a belief in something? And why would I have to? If I ask you if you believe that Big Foot exists and you reply that you lack a belief that Big Foot definitely exists, why would I ask you for proof that you lack this belief?
If you believe that Big Food exists then you are exercising your faith ( your confidence ) that Big Foot exists.

QuestioningMind

If you believe that Big Food exists then you are exercising your faith ( your confidence ) that Big Foot exists.

The question I asked was 'a lack of belief' can't be proven to whom? I only mentioned Big Foot as an example. But if you don't want to answer the question, fine.

ajay0

I was inspired by the writings of Prajapita Brahmakumari Sister Tabu in the religious forum.

Like most sweet Brahmakumari sisters I met, Tabu seemed like an innocent, angelic woman with a strong sense of fraternity for all. She used to address me as 'brother' and this is a distinguishing charecterestic of the Brahmakumaris. No one is a stranger to them.

Some informative threads of Tabu...

BrahmaKumari : A Picture is worth a Thousand Words

BK : Message For The Day

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Jews were not adverse to proselytizing, but that effort ceased almost 2000 years ago. It became a capital crime to proselytize for Judaism and it became a capital crime for a person to convert to Judaism. That was a significant factor.

Just as a point of interest RabbiO, can you explain why that "effort ceased almost 2,000 years ago" and why it then became "a capital" offense to proselytize, when proselytes were accommodated in the Law? Just curious.....
confused0006.gif

Treks

Jews were not adverse to proselytizing, but that effort ceased almost 2000 years ago. It became a capital crime to proselytize for Judaism and it became a capital crime for a person to convert to Judaism. That was a significant factor.

And who was killing people for trying, or converting to, Judaism?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I was inspired by the writings of Prajapita Brahmakumari Sister Tabu in the religious forum.

Like most sweet Brahmakumari sisters I met, Tabu seemed like an innocent, angelic woman with a strong sense of fraternity for all. She used to address me as 'brother' and this is a distinguishing charecterestic of the Brahmakumaris. No one is a stranger to them.

Some informative threads of Tabu...

BrahmaKumari : A Picture is worth a Thousand Words

BK : Message For The Day
Are you formally a Brahmakumari now? A member?

ajay0

Are you formally a Brahmakumari now? A member?

Obviously. My family tradition is disposed to Shaivism, so it was not much of a change for me. I now know that the famed Shivalingam in the temples actually represents God as an incorporeal point of light.

The Shivalingam is also known as Jyotirlingam with 'Jyoti' meaning light. I pray in Shaivite temples, chant the Panchakshari mantra 'Om Namah Shivaya' , visualizing God as the same.

But it was Advaita and Buddhism that helped me understand the science of religion, helped make logical sense out of it, and removed my philosophical confusions.

Last edited: