• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conversion question

Deut 13:1

I respect your beliefs but I guess we agree to disagree on what to believe.

Judaism isn't meant to seek out converts, that is why the challenge can be such a bumpy road. I agree with you on certain points, but I feel we as a people should be spending more time focusing on bringing the love of the Torah to the Jews we have - rather than seeking converts. Just my two cents.

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
Who said anything about going about looking for converts?

This whole discussion has been about how to treat those who come looking to convert.
There's a world of difference between the two.

Deut 13:1

I could be wrong, but I thought that was what Jazzymom was inferring... If I am, I do apologize as I made some rather long posts about it.

jazzymom

Just Jewish
I could be wrong, but I thought that was what Jazzymom was inferring... If I am, I do apologize as I made some rather long posts about it.

I was not inferring proselytizing. I was speaking about being welcoming to those who want to become Jewish and not throw roadblocks in front of them.

We need to be welcoming to those who simply want to become Jewish.

jazzymom

Just Jewish
I respect your beliefs but I guess we agree to disagree on what to believe.

Judaism isn't meant to seek out converts, that is why the challenge can be such a bumpy road. I agree with you on certain points, but I feel we as a people should be spending more time focusing on bringing the love of the Torah to the Jews we have - rather than seeking converts. Just my two cents.

I don't think you have really read what I have said. Nowhere did I speak of proselytizing to non Jews.

I spoke of not making it hard to those interested in becoming Jewish.