• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conversing with religious fundamentalists

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I learned a lot from this forum - including this one about David having a lot of wives.
More wives than the days in a week.

Been staring at a bible verse about King David:

1 Chronicles 14:3 New International Version (NIV)

In Jerusalem David took more wives and became the father of more sons and daughters.

Couldn't believe its there, but it is there.
One YouTuber gave a possible explanation for all of these things

And he makes sense.

King David had 8 named wives in the Bbile
I know the Old Testament Bible does not teach polygamy
I believe this is King David's chosen personal path to take

This was quite a useful video that perhaps brings some clarity and reconciliation to the discussion we were having about polgamy.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Given your previously stated beliefs about Muhammad I wouldn’t consider you a fundamentalist. The difference between us is belief and rejection of Baha’u’llah. How do you reconcile the fundamentals of your Christian belief with Islam?

I believe I don't but Jesus did by showing me what He meant. Islam is basically where I was before I was saved. Hearing God through his word and doing my best to obey. So it isn't necessary to reconcile; only necessary for a person to move on from saving oneself to having Jesus as Savior.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Resurrection stories were a dime a dozen in the ancient world.

Christianity has all the hallmarks of being cobbled together from other religionsof the time. The gospels
Were not even independently written.

I believe that qualifies as a lot of malarky.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What you said is too vague, if by lordship of Jesus you mean the rule of Jesus, one could just as easily say something equally ludicrous like, “fundamentalist Christians just want to free themselves from the lordship of Muhammad”.

If on the other hand you meant that liberals want to free themselves from Jesus being God over them, there is no need for want, as Jesus is not God except for in the imagination of the minds of some fundamentalists.

I believe you are not even close to being right. The view of liberality vs fundamentalism exists within Christianity not between Christianity and other religions.

I believe it is your imagination that He is not God. There is more than enough proof in the Bible and the works that are performed in the name of Jesus could not be done without God's approval. He is a jealous God and would not accept an impostor.