• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conundrum?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Some might have come across this in the news, or elsewhere:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/us-celebrity-news/man-dating-woman-23-trapped-29018976

Dan Swygart, who is dating 23-year-old Shauna Rae trapped in the body of an eight-year-old girl, has hit back at critics who called him a "creep". The 26-year-old from Wales has slammed criticism that he's attracted to her "because she looks like a kid". Instead, Dan has made it clear that he's dating Shauna for her 'personality' and not her childlike looks. Shauna Rae Lesick, who stars in TLC's 'I Am Shauna Rae' measures just three-feet and 10-inches tall and weighs only 50 pounds - the same as an average eight year old. Her stunted growth is a side effect of treatment she received as a child for brain cancer, and the petite star has found it difficult to find love and relationships as a result.

Would so many be expecting her to be celibate all her life or to be dating eight-year-olds? Very tricky, but she does seem to look older (facially) than eight, and she perhaps has the sexual desires of a 23-year-old - and the mind of one. There is also another medical condition that can lead to this I believe.

Perhaps many have seen the film Orphan, and where it doesn't turn out that well. :oops:

What are your views as to this?

Last edited:

Heyo

Veteran Member
Some might have come across this in the news, or elsewhere:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/us-celebrity-news/man-dating-woman-23-trapped-29018976

Dan Swygart, who is dating 23-year-old Shauna Rae trapped in the body of an eight-year-old girl, has hit back at critics who called him a "creep". The 26-year-old from Wales has slammed criticism that he's attracted to her "because she looks like a kid". Instead, Dan has made it clear that he's dating Shauna for her 'personality' and not her childlike looks. Shauna Rae Lesick, who stars in TLC's 'I Am Shauna Rae' measures just three-feet and 10-inches tall and weighs only 50 pounds - the same as an average eight year old. Her stunted growth is a side effect of treatment she received as a child for brain cancer, and the petite star has found it difficult to find love and relationships as a result.

Would so many be expecting her to be celibate all her life or to be dating eight-year-olds? Very tricky, but she does seem to look older (facially) than eight, and she perhaps has the sexual desires of a 23-year-old - and the mind of one. There is also another medical condition that can lead to this I believe.

Perhaps many have seen the film Orphan, and where it doesn't turn out that well. :oops:

What are your views as to this?
She is 23 years old and probably has a birth certificate to prove it. What's the problem?

Soandso

I feel bad for her. She just wants to be happy, but this is the life she's trapped with. She can never get too comfortable due to potential partners and their motives, or people judging her situation based on what they think the motive is of the people she dates

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I think that a liberal arts education is extremely important and would help give folks the proper perspective to understand issues like this.

For our ancestors, betrothals could happen before a kid was even two figures of age. And marriages? Also definitely happened to those we would today consider minors. Plus as an added bonus, huge age gaps were often a thing because political alliances and fertility considerations. Let's not even get into the issues all this created with equality and women's (utter lack of) rights.

If we were half as judgy with our own ancestors as we are with this relationship? Yeesh. Just... yeesh.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
3E7C09A0-14A8-41AE-B2EE-09D2D2DC8DBF.gif

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'm sure I won't be the only one who has had friends or met others where there was a substantial height difference between them, with the female usually being smaller, and I can't recall anyone judging them for this at all. My opinion. :oops: