• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contradictions in the Bible

sooda

Veteran Member
So? The Rapture is not the Second Coming.

Good-Ole-Rebel

24:3, “Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, ‘Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the END OF THE AGE?’”

24:32-34"'Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when YOU see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, THIS GENERATION WILL BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY TILL ALL THESE THINGS TAKE PLACE."

From the crucifixion (AD 30) to the destruction of the temple and the city (AD 70) was one transitional generation. It was 40 years just as in the Exodus transition typology into the "Promised Land". Therefore, it wasn't finished/complete until AD 70.

Good-Ole-Rebel

24:3, “Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, ‘Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the END OF THE AGE?’”

24:32-34"'Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when YOU see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, THIS GENERATION WILL BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY TILL ALL THESE THINGS TAKE PLACE."

From the crucifixion (AD 30) to the destruction of the temple and the city (AD 70) was one transitional generation. It was 40 years just as in the Exodus transition typology into the "Promised Land". Therefore, it wasn't finished/complete until AD 70.

So? The Rapture is not the Second Coming.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Faithofchristian

Jesus said when you see the Abomination of Desolation flee to the Mountains.

Matthew 24:16 16then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Luke 21:21 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.

You actually believe that to be the tribulation, now that is amazing.

Maybe if you had back up to
Matthew 24:3-5
3--"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many"

By what the disciples are asking Jesus Christ, to tell them what will be the sign of his coming and the end of the world.

So according to you, the end of the world already happened. But yet the world is still here.
And also everything that Jesus Christ foretold in Matthew 24, Mark 13
and Luke 21, Jesus Christ revealed everything in his book of Revelation.

How is it that people take things out of it's context, had people read the whole chapter of Matthew 24 and find what the article and subject is actually about, then proceed.
Nope just want to pick out one verse and try and build on one verse, instead of taking the whole chapter in its whole context.

Faithofchristian

That's really quite condescending of you to imply that these theologians, whom generally are professionals that know Koine Greek and Hebrew, know less than you.

BTW, there's not one shred of evidence that Jesus wrote anything other than when he did it in the sand. Also, anyone who's been in serious Bible studies well knows that certainty is the enemy of good scholarship, so intelligent people can read the same narrative and yet draw some different conclusions.

Assuming that you don't think you're omniscient, let me recommend that you not be so condescending. If you're not willing to do that, then there's no need for me to discuss such matters with essentially a self-appointed prophet.

That's right, it's all man's teachings unto which Jesus Christ condemn the teachings of man's in Matthew 15:7-9.

7--"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

There you have it straight out of the mouth of Jesus Christ condemned man's teachings.
All because man's teachings make void the teachings of Christ Jesus.

Faithofchristian

The Rapture is not the Second Coming.

Good-Ole-Rebel[/Q

Ok seeing that Jesus Christ will come in his second coming which is not to far away.
So how many times do you suppose that Jesus Christ is to come.

The first time Jesus Christ came, He was nailed to the cross.

The second time is yet to happen.
So how many times do you have Jesus Christ coming
As far I count, the first coming Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross
2000 years ago
And the second coming is yet to happen.

sooda

Veteran Member
You actually believe that to be the tribulation, now that is amazing.

Maybe if you had back up to
Matthew 24:3-5
3--"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many"

By what the disciples are asking Jesus Christ, to tell them what will be the sign of his coming and the end of the world.

So according to you, the end of the world already happened. But yet the world is still here.
And also everything that Jesus Christ foretold in Matthew 24, Mark 13
and Luke 21, Jesus Christ revealed everything in his book of Revelation.

How is it that people take things out of it's context, had people read the whole chapter of Matthew 24 and find what the article and subject is actually about, then proceed.
Nope just want to pick out one verse and try and build on one verse, instead of taking the whole chapter in its whole context.
Mainstream protestant belief until scofield.

Faithofchristian

Mainstream protestant belief until scofield.

That's all because The Mainstream Protestant belief and people to day don't understand Jesus Christ's book of Revelation.
You do know that in Jesus Christ's book of Revelation, It is written And they went up on the land of the earth, and circle the camp of the saints round about and the beloved city Jerusalem. This is all still to happen future from us. Revelation 20:9
And not back as you suppose in 70 A.D

How is it you say that this happened back in 70 A.D.
But yet according to what Jesus Christ given in his book of Revelation this all takes place yet future from us.

It seems the mainstream Protestant belief should haved paid more attention to what Jesus Christ has revealed in his book of Revelation.
The book of Revelation is the book all about future events that are to take place in our near future.

Last edited:

sooda

Veteran Member
That's all because The Mainstream Protestant belief and people to day don't understand Jesus Christ's book of Revelation.
You do know that in Jesus Christ's book of Revelation, It is written And they went up on the land of the earth, and circle the camp of the saints round about and the beloved city Jerusalem.

How is it you say that this happened back in 70 A.D.
But yet according to what Jesus Christ given in his book of Revelation this all takes place yet future from us.

It seems the mainstream Protestant belief should haved paid more attention to what Jesus Christ has revealed in his book of Revelation.
The book of Revelation is the book all about future events that are to take place in our near future.

It was written to the people of the first century.. Tim LaHay and Hal Lindsey have bastardized the scripture.

Revelation 1:9

“I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.”

King James Version (KJV)

Revelation also tell us who the letter is written to.... the 7 churches.. not 2000 years in the future.

Remember that when Titus destroyed the Temple Jerusalem was surrounded by enemies.. The Roman garrison from Syria was joined by Arabs, Egyptians and Syrians who were also part of the Roman Empire.

Matt 24:24- Amen I say to you, this generation shall NOT pass away until these things have been done. Generation is understood to be 40 years in Jewish tradition. Jesus was in 3rd year of his ministry putting this at about 30AD- 40 years will put this at 70AD when Nero was persecuting Christians and the Romans destroy the temple in Jerusalem.

Skwim

Veteran Member
@Faithofchristian

I agree. Jesus Christ will come twice. He has already appeared the first time. The second is yet future.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Despite what the Bible says.

Matthew 24:29-34
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

gen·er·a·tion
/ˌjenəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: generation; plural noun: generations
1.all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively.

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

Despite what the Bible says.

Matthew 24:29-34
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then will appear in heaven the sign of the Son of Man, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.

gen·er·a·tion
/ˌjenəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: generation; plural noun: generations
1.all of the people born and living at about the same time, regarded collectively.

No, I believe what the Bible says.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Skwim

Veteran Member

Good-Ole-Rebel
Are you claiming the bible doesn't say:

In Matthew 24:29-34?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Are you claiming the bible doesn't say:

In Matthew 24:29-34?

Of course the Bible says it. And it speaks to the Second Coming of Christ following the Tribulation.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Skwim

Veteran Member
Of course the Bible says it. And it speaks to the Second Coming of Christ following the Tribulation.

Good-Ole-Rebel
So what do you think it means when it says in Matthew 24

29“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. . . 44 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There you have it straight out of the mouth of Jesus Christ condemned man's teachings.
All because man's teachings make void the teachings of Christ Jesus.
Including yours?

Also, you have just made attending any church to be an evil act. And since your Bible was selected by the Church, then I guess your only logical choice is to chuck it into the garbage as we have no original manuscripts plus we know there are many what theologians call "variations" found within it.

Another problem is that you really are slipping into a form of idolatry as the Bible is not God nor Jesus but is about God and Jesus. See the difference?

Faithofchristian

Including yours?

Also, you have just made attending any church to be an evil act. And since your Bible was selected by the Church, then I guess your only logical choice is to chuck it into the garbage as we have no original manuscripts plus we know there are many what theologians call "variations" found within it.

Another problem is that you really are slipping into a form of idolatry as the Bible is not God nor Jesus but is about God and Jesus. See the difference?

If I teach those things that are the teachings of Christ Jesus, then how am I teachings anything else but the teachings of Christ Jesus.

Of course you wouldn't know the difference, if you did, then you wouldn't have ask such a question.

If that church does not teach the teachings of Christ Jesus, then that church teaches the teachings of man's teachings.

Unto which Jesus Christ condemned the teachings of man's in Matthew 15:7-9.

Also the church did not select Bible, God himself selects what will be in his word the bible/scriptures.

Let's for say, that you went to write a book.
Now who decides/ select's what going to be put in that book of yours.

Do you decide/select what you want in that book of yours or does someone decided/ select what's going into that book of yours.

Why of course you would, why else would you write a book if you can not put in it what you want in that book of yours.

The same with God, The bible/scriptures are God's words, Therefore God will decide/select what will be put in his book the Bible/scriptures.

God does not leave it to man or any church to make that decision.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

Good-Ole-Rebel

Nope, you believe what man will teach,

The Lord Jesus Christ has given in his book of Revelation the last Prophecy that is to happen.

That when this last prophecy happens Will bring the end to the tribulation and the return of the Lord Jesus Christ But not until the last Prophecy happens first.

As for Matthew 24:29---"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall call from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken"

Note here ( Immediately after the tribulation)
this being part of that last Prophecy,
That the Lord Jesus Christ had given in his book of Revelation.
When this last prophecy happens,
will bring the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ, and not until the last Prophecy comes to it's fulfillment. Can Jesus Christ return or the tribulation end.

The Lord Jesus Christ can not return until the last Prophecy happens first nor can the tribulation end, until this last prophecy happens first.

Which the last Prophecy will bring the end to the tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ.

Good-Ole-Rebel

So what do you think it means when it says in Matthew 24

29“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. . . 44 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place.
?

I see. You think you have a contradiction and can't wait to prove it. Your problem is, however, all you think you got is a contradiction. You don''t have any idea what (Matt. 24) is saying. If you did you would explain your contradiction to me. It is much easier and safer for you if I present my position to you so that you just need to jump up and down like a flea hollering about how that is not reasonable, or whatever.

(Matt. 24:4-31) is all an answer to the question asked by the disciples in (Matt. 24:3). "...what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" The disciples had asked another question. (24:3) ...when shall these things be?....." That question is not answered in (Matthew) but is in (Luke 21:12-24) and pertains to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. That question was in response to Christ predicting the destruction of the Temple in (24:2). "...there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

So, we are concerned with the question "what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" This pertains to the end of the Church age and theJews during the 7 year Tribulation period. (Matt. 24:4-31)

(24:4-8) ---This describes the Church age up to the Tribulation.

(24:9-14)---This describes the plight of the Jews during the first 3 1/2 years where they will be suffering but preaching again the Gospel of the Kingdom. The Church is gone.

(24:15-20)---This describes the middle of the Tribulation where the abomination of desolation is set up in the Temple.

(24:21-28)---This describes the last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation.

(24:29-31)---This describes the return of Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

Then Christ gives the parable of the fig tree. (24:32) He says in (33), "...when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." What things? All that which was described in (24:-9-31), for that pertains to Israel once again putting forth her leaves. A nation of God again.

Then Christ says in (24:34), "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." What generation? The generation that sees Israel putting forth her leaves again as a nation of God. That generation that is alive when the Tribulation starts will see the fulfillment of all that Christ has said.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Faithofchristian

I see. You think you have a contradiction and can't wait to prove it. Your problem is, however, all you think you got is a contradiction. You don''t have any idea what (Matt. 24) is saying. If you did you would explain your contradiction to me. It is much easier and safer for you if I present my position to you so that you just need to jump up and down like a flea hollering about how that is not reasonable, or whatever.

(Matt. 24:4-31) is all an answer to the question asked by the disciples in (Matt. 24:3). "...what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" The disciples had asked another question. (24:3) ...when shall these things be?....." That question is not answered in (Matthew) but is in (Luke 21:12-24) and pertains to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. That question was in response to Christ predicting the destruction of the Temple in (24:2). "...there shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

So, we are concerned with the question "what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?" This pertains to the end of the Church age and theJews during the 7 year Tribulation period. (Matt. 24:4-31)

(24:4-8) ---This describes the Church age up to the Tribulation.

(24:9-14)---This describes the plight of the Jews during the first 3 1/2 years where they will be suffering but preaching again the Gospel of the Kingdom. The Church is gone.

(24:15-20)---This describes the middle of the Tribulation where the abomination of desolation is set up in the Temple.

(24:21-28)---This describes the last 3 1/2 years of the Tribulation.

(24:29-31)---This describes the return of Christ at the end of the Tribulation.

Then Christ gives the parable of the fig tree. (24:32) He says in (33), "...when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." What things? All that which was described in (24:-9-31), for that pertains to Israel once again putting forth her leaves. A nation of God again.

Then Christ says in (24:34), "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." What generation? The generation that sees Israel putting forth her leaves again as a nation of God. That generation that is alive when the Tribulation starts will see the fulfillment of all that Christ has said.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Let's take everything that you mention above,Ok
Now how does that all fit into the Lord Jesus Christ book of Revelation.
It's all got to fit together, so how does everything above that you mention, fit into the Lord Jesus Christ's book of Revelation?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If I teach those things that are the teachings of Christ Jesus, then how am I teachings anything else but the teachings of Christ Jesus.

Of course you wouldn't know the difference, if you did, then you wouldn't have ask such a question.

If that church does not teach the teachings of Christ Jesus, then that church teaches the teachings of man's teachings.

Unto which Jesus Christ condemned the teachings of man's in Matthew 15:7-9.

Also the church did not select Bible, God himself selects what will be in his word the bible/scriptures.

Let's for say, that you went to write a book.
Now who decides/ select's what going to be put in that book of yours.

Do you decide/select what you want in that book of yours or does someone decided/ select what's going into that book of yours.

Why of course you would, why else would you write a book if you can not put in it what you want in that book of yours.

The same with God, The bible/scriptures are God's words, Therefore God will decide/select what will be put in his book the Bible/scriptures.

God does not leave it to man or any church to make that decision.
The above simply doesn't stand to any logic whatsoever based on what we know about Biblical composition and its history. If your church teaches you that the above is somehow correct, let me recommend that you find a church that teaches some serious scholarship, thus not fabrications built on a we/they dichotomy. Paul said to beware of those who "cause divisions" amongst the flock, but it appears that your church has ignored that teaching and and convinced you that your church is right and all others are wrong.

Also, the Gospel has it that p.c. beliefs are far less important than living in "agape", the "law of love". Nowhere does it appear in scripture that one or one's church supposedly knows all the answers. Jesus never said that we would know everything, so why are you taking a position that seemingly reflects that you think your church does? Fortunately, most churches don't make such a claim today, but it's obvious that yours does based on what you've posted.

To finish this off, please find a church that doesn't play the we v they card and which causes divisions, which is not only what Paul taught but also what Jesus taught.

Take care.