• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contraception and Christianity

Tzeitel

Psalm 127:5 "Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

To have your quiver full (literally this would be twelve), means to allow God to choose how many children you have (HE alone opens the womb) and accept it as his will.

Now God provides for seven children (or twelve) just as he provides for one or two- Happy is the man- he is happy. Satisfied. He does not want.

I must mention that this applies consistently to the believer only. If the parents are lost, they are not God's people and they are rejecting Christ. He does not provide for them.

Now while I believe that preventing procreation is sinful, I do believe that God desires a husband and wife to be intimate with each other not JUST for the purpose of procreation. God knows what a couple can handle. He will not give them more children than they can handle.

Tzeitel

angellous are you aware of the hormones used in modern birth control pills?

The first ones were mostly estrogen, which prevented ovulation. They contained progesterone, which diminishes the lining of the uterus, thereby preventing implantation. Almost everytime, though, ovulation never occurred, so a loss of a fertilized egg wasn't a problem.

High- estrogen pills were banned in the eighties because of their links to breast cancer. The modern pills are either low estrogen or solely progesterone pills. Therefore, the chances of an egg being fertilized spike significantly. However, the progesterone is still causing the uterine lining to be insufficient for implantation. Loss of a fertilized egg increases to 50% or more with the new pills. The pill is an abortifacent drug.