• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Continued from: Practical aspects of life as a Baha'i - Bahais only, please

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Continued from: Practical aspects of life as a Baha'i

@Truthseeker Thanks for your friendly and very informative reply.

Sirona asked: 4. Why are non-Baha'is not allowed to attend a Nineteenth Day Festival?

That has changed in recent years. Now a family member of someone who is a Baha'i can attend all of Feast, or what you call the Nineteenth day Festival. Before that change a person could be in the devotional part of Feast, but should leave by what we call the business part of Feast, where we discuss the affairs of our local community. This not a debate section, so I won't discuss the reason for this.

Well, you stirred my curiousity with that. I can't think of any other reason for this than the vexed issue of finances.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself

Sirona asked: 4. Why are non-Baha'is not allowed to attend a Nineteenth Day Festival?

Well, you stirred my curiousity with that. I can't think of any other reason for this than the vexed issue of finances.
I don't really remember what the reason was, to tell the truth, what I would say would be speculation, but in some communities the finances are vexed right now, so I don't think that is the reason.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Now that I've time think about this, I don't think it is quite right to have what was in Q and A, then put it in same religious debates so you can debate. Also you are not a Baha'i, so really really this doesn't belong in this forum at all, same religion debates. You shouldn't be here any more than you should be responding in Baha'i dir, as I understand the rules here.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

As far as I know non-Baha'is are allowed to attend the open festivities of non-formal gatherings of all festivals. In the specific religious observance such as the formal nineteen day feast there are separate formal gatherings by Baha'is such as the meeting at the nineteen day feast is Baha'is only. In these meetings private and confedential matters may be the subject in the meetings. Baha'is do not have a priesthood. The confidential nature of the gatherings replaces ministry.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

We read or discuss things that would be probably boring to someone who is not a Bahai.
There is a devotional section too, which requires everyone be quiet.
Bahais don't drink, or at least no one drinks in the feast. There is a culture, that for those who are not Bahais could be unfamiliar with it.
There is nothing secret about anything there.