• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Constantinian Shift"

MikeDwight

These are 10 of the biggest religious wars every fought
Christianity and violence - Wikipedia
Constantinian shift - Wikipedia

I've been on Religious Forums elsewhere. I've been on Political Forums elsewhere. I've heard people decry the "Two Kingdoms" theology in Protestantism as unbiblical. Two kingdoms doctrine - Wikipedia

I discovered tonight reading on Christianity and Violence, the "Constantinian Shift". Basically, simply, a very short article, it talks about these Greek legions adopting banners from the name of Christ in the Byzantine Empire near 320 AD.

Ya, this is basically our blindspot today. I'm aware since I'm 6 about these things that are simply online and not in discussion. Clearly the peoples and lands between the Christians and Muslims are in constant shift and easy to claim between the two disrespecting sides, such as the Muslim invasion of Spain, and the Reconquista. The Turkish invasion of Anatolia and the Byzantines, might as well pair this with the World War 1 British liberation of Greece.

I don't think its very special to fight for something when you do anything else for that cause/politic/devotion as well, is it? I'm sure a Baptist is who I heard who made the distinction for servicemen between "You shall not Murder" and "Killing" in national service.

One of a handful of the fun games they've had online, its just second nature, wouldn't it be? Why wouldn't it be? The Light Blue Reformed totally lose out on this one , too bad. General "Stonewall" Jackson was an "Old Testament Warrior defender of Holy Land Israel" and the association might have cut down American Crusades somewhat.