• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

constantine

cardero

Citizen Mod
Constatine comes from the acclaimed DC/Vertigo Comics series entitled HELLBLAZER which was always quite interesting and a consistently good read. This is the second movie that DC is promoting (the first is a remake of BATMAN) in their up and coming plans to compete with Marvel Comics (SPIDER-MAN, BLADE, HULK) in the box office. The plans for this movie have been circulating for about seven years now with lead singer of the Police, Sting who was supposedly headed to play the lead John Constatine. I feel the movie has one strike against it already for allowing Keanu Reeves to play the lead (I have never seen any movie that Keanu Reeves was in that I liked). He is not British nor do I believe I want to see him act British. Might be worth a watch though just to see how they handle the character.

Sorry about the same information Jewscout I did not you posted before mine.

HelpMe

·´sociopathic meanderer`·
it was originally supposed to come out in november.

damn hollywood.

cardero

Citizen Mod
NetDoc writes: Obviously, you are not familiar with "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!"
Sort of Keanu Reeve's "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" roles before his "I am Sam" roles

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
He's getting him mixed up with Sean Penn.

Senility: it's not just for us old farts any more. ;)

cardero

Citizen Mod
NetDoc writes:He's getting him mixed up with Sean Penn.
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I was familiar with the Bill and Ted movies series because Keanu Reeves career reminds me of Sean Penn's just without all the talent.

Scuba Pete

Well, I must admit to understanding the reference and taking the cheap shot anyway! :D

As my dog once said: "Please forgive me, for I know not what I chew!"

cardero

Citizen Mod
NetDoc writes: Well, I must admit to understanding the reference and taking the cheap shot anyway! :D
No cheap shots intended my friend. Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure must have made some impression on me (I bought the Soundtrack to the first one-second movie was awful) but I do not think as an actor Keanu Reeves just never really knocked me on my-well you know.

Scuba Pete

Yeah,

he kind of reminds me of William Shatner... overplaying lines to the point of making you laugh.

cardero

Citizen Mod
NetDoc writes: Not and remembered it. Why?
The movie stars William Shatner and makes fun of this over playing to the point of laughter that he was famous for.

Also more information on the Constatine flick on the website below. It seems that Keanu Reeves is keeping his hair color dark and is not portraying a "British" Constatine. The movie does not take place in London it takes place in L.A. Since they are changing all these character aspects I do not understand why Hollywood just doesn't change the title.Well that's three strikes for me and I am out of there.
http://romanticmovies.about.com/library/weekly/aaconst072904a.htm