• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conspiracy i think might be going on

Frank Goad

Do you think the government (like the CIA).Might have a program for taking out people who get to powerful psychically?Yes or no?Because i am not sure.I got this idea when reading the paperback novel firestarter.By stephen king.

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Yes Frank, it's called MKULTRA. I was part of the program back in the 1960's and I work as a field agent in West Germany, my mission was to kill a whole herd of goats that been trained by the Soviets to broadcast message into the minds of unsuspecting goat-herders and turning them into COMMUNISTS!. We have to keep on constant guard against the Red Menace, Frank, they will even psychically use livestock and our pets as transmitters to turn us all into COMMUNISTS!

PureX

Veteran Member
Do you think the government (like the CIA).Might have a program for taking out people who get to powerful psychically?Yes or no?Because i am not sure.I got this idea when reading the paperback novel firestarter.By stephen king.
You should probably stop reading Stephen King novels.

Nimos

CIA wouldn't dare as they would know, they would be coming for them...:D :glomp2:

Orbit

I'm a planet
The CIA did fund psychic experiments, but they all failed and were declared useless for military or propaganda purposes. You don't have anything to worry about. Remember, Stephen King writes *fiction*.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Psychic threats? unlikely. Political or economic threats: yes.
It usually doesn't need to go so far as actual assassination, though. There are more discrete ways to silence troublemakers, at least within the US.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
In the 60's the CIA researched whether drugs could control minds. Turned out they could only medicate minds not control them. They experimented with various drugs including LSD. Some of the volunteers for this didn't know what they were getting involved in. Some people were harmed by the drugs, too.

Since then mental experimentation is in different areas, one military interest is eliminating the need for sleep or at least delaying it. Experimental drugs have been developed for that. Another area of research is how to enhance learning, and they have had some success using drugs and electrodes. I don't know if any of the methods are refined or safe and whether they are in use. A third area is finding a way to help veterans with mechanical limbs. Researchers have found some ways that they can control such limbs, and research on that continues.