• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considering Satanism

Mark JGS

Hi everyone. I'm 18 years old, my name is Mark and i'm considering becoming a Satanist. I would like to hear your poiont of views on whether i should or not. In a way i don't feel ready for it, and part of me thinks i shouldn't but the other part of me says "go for it". If i could hear your points of view it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

robtex

Veteran Member
Mark what did you read that prompted your interest in Lavey's church? What are you current beliefs on God? What is it you are looking for? (hope you find what you are looking for). Need more info to see it from your perspective.

Nehustan

I would advise against it, tho' I would strongly advise the aquisition of all knowledge. As a Sufi brother once said to me 'Honey can come from dark places'. I myself when I first approached the invisible sphere of Daath, fell into the abyss. I must say that through this I acquired some knowledge, a little like Gandalf with the Balrog to coin an literary analogy, tho' I remain more grey than I would like.

I think the question you must ask is this, and its so obvious I apologise for being patronising, WHY? Do you really want to take as a friend he who wishes you naught but harm? I am not speaking of the Morning star here, whom so many people who call themself Christian like to mix up with Satan, i.e. Lucifer. I'm speaking of the adversary of The God and thus Man, who is no bringer of light...merely fire.

If you are tired of single thinking people who call themself Christians then by all means find ways of intellectually battling them and their indoctrination, but turning to the use of what may be considered mere reactionary provocation is less fun than beating them with the application of dialectic thought, superior Knowledge (Daath), Understanding (BInah), and Wisdom (Chokmah). Ascend your knowledge and take the Crown (Kether) of Adam Qadmon as is your inheritance.

Well....you did ask... :tsk:

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
Mark JGS said:
Hi everyone. I'm 18 years old, my name is Mark and i'm considering becoming a Satanist. I would like to hear your poiont of views on whether i should or not. In a way i don't feel ready for it, and part of me thinks i shouldn't but the other part of me says "go for it". If i could hear your points of view it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
I personally believe we are put on this Earth to build relationships with each other--or more specifically, serve each other in the best way we can. Satanism seems more about serving one's self.

Are personal relationships important to you, and if so, how do you think Satanism will develop or improve those relationships?

Mark JGS

robtex said:
Mark what did you read that prompted your interest in Lavey's church? What are you current beliefs on God? What is it you are looking for? (hope you find what you are looking for). Need more info to see it from your perspective.
I crave to be elite. I despise sheep mentality. I am proud to be human, i am proud to have human nature, and i would be proud to indulge in that nature which i am proud of. I believe God exists, but isn't what chrisitians make him out to be. I believe there is no right and wrong, only what one feels. I want to be free, i want to be elite, i am proud to be unique, and i believe Satanism may just be the religion i am looking for. I believe i have lots of potential.

I first got info on it when i went to churchofsatan.com, although i prefer churchofsatan.org. The thought of Satanism fills me with desire and exitement. Thing is, i'm not sure i'm ready.

Thanks in advance for your advice. If you want more from my point of view i will elaborate on this.

Mark JGS

atofel said:
I personally believe we are put on this Earth to build relationships with each other--or more specifically, serve each other in the best way we can. Satanism seems more about serving one's self.

Are personal relationships important to you, and if so, how do you think Satanism will develop or improve those relationships?
I believe as long as i am who i am, i will be loved in a relationship no matter what, and that is only a good thing.

Why should i conform to laws, when i'm unique? Why should i serve others when i come first? It's human nature to be selfish. Animals are naturally selfish, why should humans be any different?

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
I believe as long as i am who i am, i will be loved in a relationship no matter what, and that is only a good thing.
Everyone is who they are. Is that to say that all people are loved in a relationship? Certainly not. From my experience, quality relationships take a lot of work and sacrifice.

Why should i conform to laws, when i'm unique? Why should i serve others when i come first? It's human nature to be selfish. Animals are naturally selfish, why should humans be any different?
Try looking at things with the end in mind. When you are 80 years old, what kinds of things will you treasure?

Nehustan

Mark JGS said:

Couldn't help noticing this term Mark...it has a great history. It is the very name by which the voice from the burning bush announced itself to Moses in Hebrew 'Eheieh Asher Eheieh' (literally 'Iam that I am'), it was also a phrase used by Jeheshuah when he was under questioning by religious hegemony. I think the challenge tho', if one considers being elite, is to be 'more than you are' when it comes to being unique we certainly have a whole lot more in common than apart i.e eating, sleeping, laughing, crying, breathing, hoping, fearing, etc. You may find Nietzsche's idea of "the overman" (Ubermensch) of interest in your quest for the superior man. I recall when I was much younger reading his 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra'. In it the 'prophet' Zarathustra is attempting to leave his followers, who pursue him. He stops and turns to them saying 'Leave me alone...everything I told you was lies!!! the followers protest saying 'NO...we know that you told us the truth!' Zarathustra replies 'Then you know it to be truth not because I have told you, but because you yourselves know it to be true.' Meant a whole heap to me when I read that....

Mark JGS

atofel said:
Everyone is who they are. Is that to say that all people are loved in a relationship? Certainly not. From my experience, quality relationships take a lot of work and sacrifice.

I understand that, but perhaps that's who i am.

Try looking at things with the end in mind. When you are 80 years old, what kinds of things will you treasure?
I am looking at things with the end in mind, that's one thing stopping me getting into satanism. What happens after i die?

robtex

Veteran Member
Lavey was an atheist Mark. He started the church as a mockery to christianity but he didn't believe in God. I haven't read much of their stuff since college but I remember lots of the members being atheist too. The church mostly was an appeal to hedonism as opposed to narcissism. There is a santanic church that believes in a narcisstic God also called the church of satanism.

Here is the rf link to it and posts by its members:
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101

I don't know squat about it other than they think there is a satan.

Serpens

Mark JGS said:
Why don't you "feel ready"?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Go with what your gut tells you son. They only things you will regret in life are the things you decide not to do. (Within the boundaries of good common sense, at least, LOL.)

KirbyFan101

Resident Ball of Fluff
Mark JGS said:
I crave to be elite. I despise sheep mentality. I am proud to be human, i am proud to have human nature, and i would be proud to indulge in that nature which i am proud of. I believe God exists, but isn't what chrisitians make him out to be. I believe there is no right and wrong, only what one feels. I want to be free, i want to be elite, i am proud to be unique, and i believe Satanism may just be the religion i am looking for. I believe i have lots of potential.

I first got info on it when i went to churchofsatan.com, although i prefer churchofsatan.org. The thought of Satanism fills me with desire and exitement. Thing is, i'm not sure i'm ready.

Thanks in advance for your advice. If you want more from my point of view i will elaborate on this.
Its a complicated question. To put it bluntly, there aren't alot of people applicable for Satanism, which is somewhat ironic is Satanism steers one in the direction nature intended. Its a journey of self discovery, but for most people Satanism tends to "click". For true Satanists, they were living as Satanists before they discovered the religion.

They don't call themselves the "elite" because just anyone joins. Theres not alot to be said, really. Read into it, understand it, and decide.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Mark JGS said:

you mentioned "elite" twice, what do you mean by this?

guysmy

A satanist would not hesitate to trample down those weaker than he or she to gain in life. That might be cool with you now because you are young and strong but now see yourself as a frail old man (eventually this will happen). Does it still seem like a good idea?

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Mark JGS said:

Ok . So why ask others opinions of what you should be ? You ARE Elite . Be elite . Of course one doesn't have to be a Satanist to be so . Nor does being a Satanist make one so , IMHO . :) I am a God , among a Host of Gods ... oooookay .

My advice is to be true to yourself . If you find truth in La Vey's teachings , use it . If not , then don't .

BTW animals aren't ready born as selfish as we sometimes think . I have watch parent Ravens TEACH their young to be " selfish ". It is a matter of survival . And even in ravenous Ravens , it is taught , not a matter of instinct .