• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considerations and ideas while reading the Cave Scrolls

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
This discussion is to present ideas about the Cave Scrolls, generally. Theistic ideas, Mystical ideas, so forth. Just present what you want.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Greetings.

Although there is a clear parallel between the New Testament and what we find in the scrolls, so forth, what we read about Jesus does not seem to always exactly correlate with some of the ideas.
Now, one can read both and justify a direct "sameness", however we need to consider that by doing so, we 'religiously' default to a format that believes the trueness of what we encounter in the NT, and also presume that all the Essenes were basically reading some things in a 'christian' manner, already.
I'm ok with that, somewhat, however we note the different groups, in Israel. Hence, you could have a non Essene sameness or similiarity also, present in Israel, and it would be close to the Essenic beliefs, anyway.

Thusly I read everything in the obvious context that you can have similarity without a necessary direct line of Religious Belief.

We know what texts are, the religious beliefs. We know what 'has to be there', so Read these as more just 'generally in the religion structure', without justifying either a crediting, or discrediting, to certain beliefs.
||

My beliefs are of a literal, Form God, as noted on a Throne, surrounded by Angels, and also noted similarity in book of Revelation. This is both Mystical and literal, we are in essence separated from the Spiritual reality in which we believe, in some context, yet certainly not every context.