• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

conservative party accused of 'fundamental' failure" over islamaphobia

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
Uh, then it would be called "anti-Muslim" not "Islamophobia". It's the Koran and the hadiths people don't like -the religion itself.
Correct. Anti-Muslim would be the more correct term. "Islamophobia" is, IMHO, an emotionally-based political term. Is a person who believes in a strong Federal government a Federalist or fascist authoritarian? One is more accurate than the other.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The term is anti-semitism not "Jewphobia". I think the antisemitic assclowns hate both Jews and Judaism.

Precisely, except there's nuch more irrational criticism against Jews than there is against the Jewish religion... That's why there is no "Jewphobia", just Anti-Semitism.

Point being, people who hate Jews (the people) are worse than those who hate Islam, the religion / ideology.

...Because one is a person, the other just a thing. "Anti's" being worse than "phobes"

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would hazard a guess that you've seen anti-Muslim prejudice? If so, so have I.

But "Islamophobia" is a term designed by Muslims in an attempt to stifle legitimate criticism of the core ideas in Islam.
The same behaviors are being described; bickering over the word to describe it. Anti-Muslim, Islamophobic, its the same behavior. Getting caught up in it creates apologetics on both ends. Prejudice is prejudice. Renouncing one word or another isn't a "real world" issue or problem.

Cooky

Veteran Member
The same behaviors are being described; bickering over the word to describe it. Anti-Muslim, Islamophobic, its the same behavior. Getting caught up in it creates apologetics on both ends. Prejudice is prejudice. Renouncing one word or another isn't a "real world" issue or problem.

That's the simplest, most reductionist way of thinking about it.

...I'm more complex than that.

Road Warrior

Precisely, except there's nuch more irrational criticism against Jews than there is against the Jewish religion... That's why there is no "Jewphobia", just Anti-Semitism.

Point being, people who hate Jews (the people) are worse than those who hate Islam, the religion / ideology.

...Because one is a person, the other just a thing.
You don't think those who hate Islam don't hate Muslims? Sorry, but I strongly disagree. Why did Trump want to ban Muslims, not just the religion?

IMHO, any form of hate is wrong. It's human to become angry, but hate is a long and destructive thing.

Shad

Veteran Member

Road Warrior

...Because one is a person, the other just a thing.
Haters gonna hate. IMO, it's irrational to rationalize with irrational people. Haters are irrational. There is no trying to understand them. They just need to hate for one reason or another. If a person wants to hate, they'll do so. That, IMO, is an internal mental disorder. Usually a reaction to frustration and feelings of personal failure.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Theres no reason to be more complex. Hate is hate. We really just need to go back to calling people bigots and ********.

It's just not true... For instance, it is worse to hate another human being than it is to hate, for example, a pair of shoes.

...All hate is not equal.

Road Warrior

It's just not true... For instance, it is worse to hate another human being than it is to hate, for example, a pair of shoes.

...All hate is not equal.
A person who hates shoes has a lot more problems than someone who prefers one pair of shoes over another. Hate, IMO, is irrational.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Haters gonna hate. IMO, it's irrational to rationalize with irrational people. Haters are irrational. There is no trying to understand them. They just need to hate for one reason or another. If a person wants to hate, they'll do so. That, IMO, is an internal mental disorder. Usually a reaction to frustration and feelings of personal failure.

I've never met another person who just hates everything like that. It would certainly be a mental disorder of some kind if one did.

Road Warrior

I've never met another person who just hates everything like that. It would certainly be a mental disorder of some kind if one did.
Most people don't hate everything. The ones I've seen focus on one thing be it Jews, Blacks or Muslims. Agreed it's a mental disorder. IMO, usually based on feelings of failure and seeking to blame it on someone other than themselves.

Road Warrior

Yes, we're talking about Islam. And it's okay to 'be against' Islam.

I, for one, am against it.
Me too. Islamic terrorism is a problem, but it's a few thousand assclowns against 1.9 Billion Muslims. Most whom the assclowns murder are their fellow Muslims who don't agree with the radical version. Of course they also take out Infidels too.

Hate is wrong. It's destructive.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yes, we're talking about Islam. And it's okay to 'be against' Islam.

I, for one, am against it.
As am I. But the difference between "phobia" and "not phobia" does tend to boil down to reasons and how you treat people. Pointing to an Abrahamic text and criticizing it is valid (and not hate), believing all Abrahamics condine slavery isn't.

Road Warrior

As am I. But the difference between "phobia" and "not phobia" does tend to boil down to reasons and how you treat people. Pointing to an Abrahamic text and criticizing it is valid (and not hate), believing all Abrahamics condine slavery isn't.
Fear is a common human frailty. Fear of the Unknown is the greatest fear of all. Are Muslims dangerous? No. Are radical Muslims dangerous, f**k yeah! We need the help of the world's 1.9 Billion Muslims to stop the 1% who are assclowns. Fearing all is just sheer stupidity.