• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

conservative party accused of 'fundamental' failure" over islamaphobia

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
I wonder,is islamaphobia in the conservative party the same as anti semitism in the labour party?,what exactly is islamophobia?.

Tories accused of 'failure' over Islamophobia
The Jews aren't the ones blowing themselves up on buses and murdering citizens in the streets.

Any "phobia" is an irrational fear. Note the term "irrational". It's used by those who support the cause they are declaring a "phobia". It's not a scientific nor accurate phrase. It's a political phrase.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
That's because it is called anti-Catholicism
Agreed but the same illogical opinions of bias or the same logical opinions of bias, apply.

Many old farts like myself can remember the controversy in JFK's election because of his ties to the Irish mob and Catholicism. Americans had traditionally been anti-British and, therefore, anti-Anglican Church (an offshoot of Catholicism) and Catholicism itself since, like the English and their King, Catholics put the Pope first and secular leaders second.

Audie

Veteran Member
All men are predisposed to rape. I am just saying this out of my postjudice views of men and them being socialized as men in the context of rape culture.
This is possibly thick with irony, or like, something
but no meaning is coming through.

I have a reflexive fear of men, but rationally I do not
at all believe what you said.

So...?

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
This is possibly thick with irony, or like, something
but no meaning is coming through.

I have a reflexive fear of men, but rationally I do not
at all believe what you said.

So...?
If some can believe that all Muslims are predispose to terrorism because of something that happened on 9/11 then it make just as much sense to believe all men are predisposed to commit rape after a whole history of raping men, women and children.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Ive seen Islamaphobia. It exists. However, the problem comes from when the twitter mob demands all criticism be silenced as islamaphic. But rest assured, there are plenty out there who believe some truly whacko thkngs about Muslims and hate them just for being.

I would hazard a guess that you've seen anti-Muslim prejudice? If so, so have I.

But "Islamophobia" is a term designed by Muslims in an attempt to stifle legitimate criticism of the core ideas in Islam.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Jews aren't the ones blowing themselves up on buses and murdering citizens in the streets.

Any "phobia" is an irrational fear. Note the term "irrational". It's used by those who support the cause they are declaring a "phobia". It's not a scientific nor accurate phrase. It's a political phrase.

Exactly

Audie

Veteran Member
If some can believe that all Muslims are predispose to terrorism because of something that happened on 9/11 then it make just as much sense to believe all men are predisposed to commit rape after a whole history of raping men, women and children.

Ok, that has nothing to do with me; try someone else for
your idiot list.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Sure it does. It's the same thing as prejudice against Jews/Judaism. Prejudice is prejudice.

Uh, then it would be called "anti-Muslim" not "Islamophobia". It's the Koran and the hadiths people don't like -the religion itself.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Has anyone ever heard of Jewphobia? No. Because people actually hate the Jews, not so much Judaism.