• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservapedia's Ridiculous Article On Atheism and Attractiveness

Rational Agnostic

Just when I thought Conservapedia couldn't get any worse, I found this. Atheists and physical attractiveness - Conservapedia

This has got to be one of the most pathetic articles I have ever read. In essence, the authors claim that atheists are ugly nerds, and this is why people should believe in God. They discuss how athletic men are more likely to believe in God and are also more likely to date beautiful women. Furthermore, they cite the fact that most Miss USA pageant winners are creationists and do not believe in evolution, and seem to imply that this is a good reason to disbelieve evolution. This is probably the most ridiculous claim I have ever read. Do the authors really believe that beauty pageant winners with no training in science know more about science than actual scientists? How much more idiotic can we get? I cannot believe that some people actually take this website seriously.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had not visited that site for quite some time. You've just reinforced my decision to avoid a site full of that kind of wingnuttery.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I had not visited that site for quite some time. You've just reinforced my decision to avoid a site full of that kind of wingnuttery.

FooYang

Just when I thought Conservapedia couldn't get any worse, I found this. Atheists and physical attractiveness - Conservapedia

This has got to be one of the most pathetic articles I have ever read. In essence, the authors claim that atheists are ugly nerds, and this is why people should believe in God. They discuss how athletic men are more likely to believe in God and are also more likely to date beautiful women. Furthermore, they cite the fact that most Miss USA pageant winners are creationists and do not believe in evolution, and seem to imply that this is a good reason to disbelieve evolution. This is probably the most ridiculous claim I have ever read. Do the authors really believe that beauty pageant winners with no training in science know more about science than actual scientists? How much more idiotic can we get? I cannot believe that some people actually take this website seriously.

True, I think it's abominable that people would say things about Atheists. People should not be able to criticize us at all. That site should be shut down.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
True, I think it's abominable that people would say things about Atheists. People should not be able to criticize us at all. That site should be shut down.
Absolutely not!
Conservapedia serves a valuable purpose on the internet. We need it!

You must be one of those angry atheists @Trailblazer ,and people like her, keep referring to.
Tom

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I wonder how many articles in Conserviapedia are poe articles. I wonder what their vetting process is. I would not want my real name attached to such an article, but it might be fun to write and publish one.

I'll give you a few ideas for articles:

"Religious people have healthier spleens"

"Pence - the hero the world needs"

"Christmas is pagan with a capital P"

"The Pope wakes up every morning and commits blasphemy"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

It's interesting that Conservapedia has something in common
with feminists on RF...their disdain for "neckbeards".

Fundies are just jealous...tis common knowledge that
atheists are more attractive. One theory is that we
don't suffer from belief that pride is a sin. So we keep
up appearances with grooming, fashion, cleanliness,
fitness, dentistry, & confident sauntering.

Compare the fundies....
aef2a806f5b0de319eb66a26813bb5ed.jpg

With the godless heathens....
fit-couple-gym-looking-very-attractive-portrait-together-standing-positive-76634131.jpg

Last edited: