• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Consequence of Becoming Jaded

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
You have an inherent talent. You are one of the best at what you do.

You lived your life excelling at your inherent talent, but before your body and mind have expired, you’ve become jaded and no longer wish to share your talent with others. What’s the consequence in your belief?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

You lived your life excelling at your inherent talent, but before your body and mind have expired, you’ve become jaded and no longer wish to share your talent with others. What’s the consequence in your belief?

Whatever you did share previously, before you became jaded, will increase in value because of it's scarcity.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Who are you and why are you spying on me??

JJ50

I do less of my artwork now, which people are kind enough to say they like and people in quite a number of countries have acquired, as other things have taken priority, that is no big deal for me.

atanu

Premium Member

One may get to read 'Yoga Vasista' then.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
Brahmane SalixIncendium,

That's possible a good sign and calls for finish the task by one self first:

[Q&A] What happens when your tank is empty, and you’ve got nothing left to give?

What's the consequence: It taking on the own task (does not mean to get lazy and enjoys sensuality), one is not only praised be Devas and Gods but also by the wise.

Mudita in such cases that it is certain insight that it's not really possible to help others.

"Monks, these four types of individuals are to be found existing in the world. Which four? The one who practices for his own benefit but not for that of others. The one who practices for the benefit of others but not for his own. The one who practices neither for his own benefit nor for that of others. The one who practices for his own benefit and for that of others... AN 4.99: Sikkha Sutta — Trainings
http://zugangzureinsicht.org/html/tipitaka/an/an04/an04.099.than_en.html

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I don't understand the question. What is the consequence of having a jaded belief about one's own talents? You mean you've lived with self-doubt to the point it turns into cynicism about your own talents, dismissing them as valid?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't understand the question. What is the consequence of having a jaded belief about one's own talents? You mean you've lived with self-doubt to the point it turns into cynicism about your own talents, dismissing them as valid?

No. More that I've shared my talents in improving the lives of others with similar goals and have exhausted my interest being the 'go to' person for such knowledge. I'm bored with doing what I do, no longer have that fire within to be the best and would happily pass the torch to another. I'm just tired and no longer find what I do rewarding.