• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Consciousness or Mind

Consciousness can be anything, go anywhere, and is indestructible. AKA: Soul.
Each one a node of God.
One needs only become conscious of consciousness.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I have considered this a possibility for a while. Consciousness being an inherent property of matter. However it takes a great deal of complexity before this consciousness becomes apparent. For example minerals having too simple a complexity for consciousness to become apparent. Plants having more complexity seem to have some limited awareness.

Human awareness has increased with the advancement of technology. However this technology is still separate from us physically. What if at some point we learn to integrate this technology physically into the human body. Our complexity will become greater and so will the degree of consciousness/awareness we have.

This seems apparently true to me, the greater the complexity of a being, the greater the awareness. If quantum particles can be determined to be aware...

Still I don't see that this means a continuation of a individual identity after death if anyone is thinking this.

Still I don't see that this means a continuation of a individual identity after death if anyone is thinking this.
There is no identity after death. Either you become utterly extinct, or you continue as Soul. Soul has no discrete identity. Which is why eternity endures and Souls are deathless. Human identity is the factor that trashes everything a human does. See Own Life, for details.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I have considered this a possibility for a while. Consciousness being an inherent property of matter. However it takes a great deal of complexity before this consciousness becomes apparent. For example minerals having too simple a complexity for consciousness to become apparent. Plants having more complexity seem to have some limited awareness.

Human awareness has increased with the advancement of technology. However this technology is still separate from us physically. What if at some point we learn to integrate this technology physically into the human body. Our complexity will become greater and so will the degree of consciousness/awareness we have.

This seems apparently true to me, the greater the complexity of a being, the greater the awareness. If quantum particles can be determined to be aware...

intelligence doesn't necessarily have to be carbon based.

Possibility of Silicon-Based Life Grows - Astrobiology Magazine

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
There is no identity after death. Either you become utterly extinct, or you continue as Soul. Soul has no discrete identity. Which is why eternity endures and Souls are deathless. Human identity is the factor that trashes everything a human does. See Own Life, for details.

you and i agree somewhat on this idea. a soul is a person, or animal. a spirit incarnates into a third dimensional body, or earthly body and then is called a soul. that spirit then releases that chemical vehicle upon the cellular death. thus the person, engages its environment through it's carnal senses. the spirit returns to its original state prior to incarnation. the consciousness isn't lost but the form it took is release back to it's elements.

thus a spirit and soul are, again, not necessarily the same thing in either the OT or the NT.

in the OT the spirit is ruwach

and the

soul is nephesh.

in the NT the spirit is pneuma

and the

soul is psyche.

All of that is words, and words mean nothing. Surprisingly, almost nobody seems aware of that.
Words are symbols that carry the Spirit of meaning, to those able to entertain Spirit.
Those able to entertain Spirit, are candidates for Soul.
The words are not the meaning.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I personally think consciousness/experience are a field created by the connection between Matter and Form. At all levels of existence all things experience, even if not in a self-aware way. Experience can be as little as an equal and opposite reaction. Essentially for any one thing Y there is something it is like to be Y. This does not mean we, personally, can ever experience what it is like to be Y, or that Y even has conscious experience in the way humans do. This is due to the fact that for any one thing X, there is a Form of X and something it is like to be X.