• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Consciousness in Cavemen? A Debate.

mickiel

There's your problem - 3 years at WUM in Kazoo. That's not college...it's day care.

Just kidding! (I went to UofM)

I recommend studying more than 2 books though.

I said two books " With Passion", I study two others, The orgin of Consciousness in the breakdown of the bicameral mind by Julian Jaynes, and biblical archaeology by robert t. boyd. I study those two quite often, as of yet, no other books intrest me.

But I am considering getting the power of positive thinking by, I think his name is Vincent Peale, or something like that, Norman v. peal I think.

Peace.

Apion

Well I understand, and I knew where your mind wanted to go with your inquiry. But seeing your present aittitude, this latest response from you, it is something I honor.

My education is as follows;

High school graduate. 4 years of college, 3 at Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan, which I studied Religion and Plastics. 1 Year in the Air Force School, which I received a certificate in Inventory Management. 1 Year in Landscaping and Tree Trimming at Davey School, which led me to trimming trees as a tree climer for 23 years. That is all of my formal education. I study only two books with passion, the bible ( The New Scofield study bible) and an old websters Encyclopedic dictionary.

Peace.

Although I appreciate your sharing I never asked for your academic credentials. I only asked how familiar you are with certain academic domains where your OP falls into. Anyway, don't worry about it. :facepalm:

mickiel

Although I appreciate your sharing I never asked for your academic credentials. I only asked how familiar you are with certain academic domains where your OP falls into. Anyway, don't worry about it. :facepalm:

I understand, Peace.

mickiel

Understood, seeing leads to believing, thats why I believe, because I can see it. If I were not Conscious of it, I couldnot believe it. Atheist are not Conscious of God, thats WHY they do not believe it, they can't see it. I am not Conscious of Eternal hell suffering, because I do not see it being real.

So I dissagre with it.

So I understand your dissagreement.

Peace.

Most are not Conscious of how Conscious Primordal man was. Because he simply was not, but we " Assume that because they were human, that they were." But let me go into modernday examples of living humans that are not Conscious of things.

Peace.

mickiel

Most are not Conscious of how Conscious Primordal man was. Because he simply was not, but we " Assume that because they were human, that they were." But let me go into modernday examples of living humans that are not Conscious of things.

Peace.

When we drive a car, we are doing many things that we " Are Not Conscious of Doing." We keep away from the curve on the sidewalk, but we are not concentrating on doing that, we are concentrating on looking at other things on the road ahead and behind. Birds are flying, we see them, but we do not concentrate on them, or the small peices of paper moving around outside. We see these things, but really are not Conscious of them at these times. We know there is a car mat on the floor in the back seat, but we are not Conscious of that while we are driving.

So even humans WITH Consciousness, are not Conscious of everything, all the time. Its no great thing then for a race of humans to be created, to do many things that we do, but yet not be Conscious of doing it.

And I want to go into that.

Peace.

mickiel

Did you know that you can talk, and not be Conscious that Your talking? You can move parts of your body without being Conscious of doing it. You can have something in your hand, set it down somewhere, and not even be Conscious of doing that, but yet we do this everyday unconsciously. This tells me that Consciousness and the Brain are two seperate things, and both can work at the same time in conjunction, or the Consciousness can act out independant on its own.

It also tells me that God can create a whole race of unConscious beings, who do things that may make one think they are Conscious of what they are doing, when they are really not.

And I want to get into that.

Peace.

mickiel

It also tells me that God can create a whole race of unConscious beings, who do things that may make one think they are Conscious of what they are doing, when they are really not.

And I want to get into that.

Peace.

Primordal man buried their dead unconsciously. They hunted unconsciously, and they mated unconsciously, they lived unconsciously, and we can see this from Archaeology and their length of no advancement in their existence.

Peace.

mickiel

Primordal man buried their dead unconsciously. They hunted unconsciously, and they mated unconsciously, they lived unconsciously, and we can see this from Archaeology and their length of no advancement in their existence.

Peace.

Part of the " Reason" God created primordal man with no Consciousness, is just the reality that he could do such a thing. Just stark proof that he is in ultimate control of all things. A being that could do such an unthinkable thing, surely nothing is beyond him doing.

And we need to consider that.

Peace.

mickiel

One of the most difficult things for scientist, Archaeologist and historians to do, is to figure out primordal mans existance, one reason why is because their going at it with the presumption that they were Conscious beings. And that is throwing off their search significantly. Much of their understanding is pure speculation, with a serious " Missing Ingredient", that of no Consciousness.

Peace.