• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19
Congressman Louie Gohmert gets tested positive for COVID-19 and the blames the mask that he rarely ever wears.

Source: Congressman Louie Gohmert tests positive for coronavirus

Congressman Louie Gohmert tests positive for coronavirus

BY GRACE SEGERS, FIN GOMEZ

Republican Congressman Louie Gohmert has tested positive for coronavirus. The Texas Republican has not been wearing a mask inside the U.S. Capitol, flouting safety guidelines.

Gohmert was supposed to fly to Texas with President Trump on Wednesday, but tested positive for the virus during a pre-screening at the White House, several administration sources confirmed to CBS News. Politico first reported Gohmert's diagnosis.

In an interview with NBC affiliate KETK-TV, Gohmert said that he had not exhibited any symptoms of coronavirus.

"It's really ironic, because a lot of people have made a big deal of my not wearing a mask a whole lot, but in the last week or two I have worn a mask more" than he has in recent months, Gohmert said. He suggested that keeping a mask on "might have put some germs and some of the virus on the mask and breathed it in."

"I don't know where it came from, but apparently I have it," Gohmert said. He added that he would quarantine at home for 10 days.

Gohmert told CNN in June that he was not wearing a mask because he was frequently tested for the virus but said that if he contracted it "you'll never see me without a mask." Many members of Congress, mostly Republicans, have refused to wear a mask while in the Capitol.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I would never wish mortal harm on anyone. But there is something funny about a bunch of Republicans coming down with an illness they tried to convince everyone else was a hoax.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I would never wish mortal harm on anyone. But there is something funny about a bunch of Republicans coming down with an illness they tried to convince everyone else was a hoax.

. . . both distancing and masks go together and they all violated both. It only demonstrates that the Conservative bravado riduculing the COVID-19 Pandemic as 'just a common flu' and dangerously putting others and themselves at risk of death or severe illness by childishly rejecting normal protection and likely a misplaced feeling of importality like teenagers believe..

It would terribly foolish and humorous it were not for the tragic loose of life

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Source: Trump says he doesn't think Herman Cain caught COVID-19 at Tulsa rally

Trump says he doesn't think Herman Cain caught COVID-19 at Tulsa rally
BY MORGAN CHALFANT - 07/31/20 02:54 PM EDT

President Trump said Friday he doesn’t think that Herman Cain, who died this week after being hospitalized with the coronavirus, caught the virus when he attended the president’s Tulsa, Okla., rally last month.

“No, I don’t think he did,” Trump told reporters at the White House before departing for a trip to Florida when asked if he was worried Cain contracted COVID-19 in Tulsa.

Cain, a GOP presidential candidate in 2012, died Thursday at the age of 74 after having been hospitalized in Atlanta on July 1 with the coronavirus. It is unclear where Cain contracted the disease.

Cain, who co-chaired the Black Voices for Trump coalition, traveled to attend Trump's June 20 campaign rally in Tulsa, where he was photographed not wearing a mask indoors. The president was widely criticized for staging the indoor rally and not requiring participants to wear masks. At the time, the city was experiencing a rise in cases, and the local health director urged Trump to reschedule the gathering.

On Friday, Trump praised Cain as "a great man."

Riders

I wonder what will happen if Trump get's it? He dies from Corona then what? The Vice President takes over?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The USA is still leading the world with an average of well over 1,000 fatalities per day for two weeks.

. . . and Donald Trump claims the pandemic is 'receding' and 'under control.'