• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

confused

ekym

i think i might be converting to christianity. i have found new reasons to belive in jesus christ and his teachings, but i'm not sure i belive in God in the same way.
Do i need to belive in God (God as "human form")to be christian?
i do i need to follow ALL of the comandments?
can somone tell me?

ekym

its not so much a specific commandmant.
its more of a question of folloing any of them so much that it controlls your life.

Dream Angel

The thing with the commandments is most of them are against the law, and most people wouldnt do anyway! I have highlighted the bits that most non-religious people wouldnt do anyway (I hope)

2I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; 3you shall have no other gods before me.

4You shall not make for yourself an image, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, 6but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

8Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy. 9Six days you shall labor and do all your work. 10But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns. 11For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it.

12Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

13You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. 14You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

:)

Random

How is this thread any different from your other "I'm Confused" thread asking the same question?

Dream Angel

I suggested moving it here, as I thought it was more appropriate being as it was about religion instead of being under the category "everything but the kitchen sink" which is mainly non religious!

may

i think i might be converting to christianity. i have found new reasons to belive in jesus christ and his teachings, but i'm not sure i belive in God in the same way.
can somone tell me?
well the bible says to take in knowledge about the true God ,ANDJesus christ .so we can see that Jesus isnt God , because we have to take in knowledge of God AND Jesus ,John 17;3. The true God is Jehovah as PSALM 83;18 tells us in the king James version. and it was this true God who sent his son to the earth . as John 3;16 tells us .

Super Universe

Defender of God
can somone tell me?

I consider myself a Christian simply because I do my best to follow the teachings of Christ.

You don't have to do anything. Don't let others define a small box and put you inside of it.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Don't let arbitrary definitions get in the way of what you believe. Not one biblical verse is devoted to the word Christian, meaning anyone who challenges you on the subject is setting up a faulty arguement. On social issues I am very much a proponent of what Jesus taught, and yet I disbelieve in the messenger and creator's existance.

may

(Luke 9:35) And a voice came out of the cloud, saying: "This is my Son, the one that has been chosen. Listen to him."​

uumckk16

can somone tell me?

Christianity is a religion with a very, very wide spread of beliefs.

If you feel that you want to follow Jesus Christ, and want to call yourself a Christian, who's stopping you?

if you were gonna convert to it -- why not give it 100%? and what commandment would you not want to follow? i think if you were going to embrace something you should give into it with all that you have -- why bother if you dont want to do that?

BruceDLimber

Do I need to believe in God in human form to be Christian?

Can somone tell me?

Hi!

In the Baha'i view, no to the first: God does not take human form, so this belief is not only unnecessary but simply mistaken.

And we'd say you need to obey all the commandments except the Sabbath one since IOV that law has been superceded.

Best regards, :)

Bruce

JayHawes

can somone tell me?

1) As a liscened minister I am very willing to help. Becoming a Christian is based upon believing on Jesus. What you understand Jesus to be, or whom you think God is, is a developing process though which you must go. You must learn overtime. So if you view God differently than everyone eles that does not make you not a Christian, it is your faith in Jesus that makes you Christian.

2) Do you need to beleive in god as "human form", God in human form is Jesus, so yes.

"For in Jesus dwells all the fullness of being God bodily" Col 2:9
Jesus is the Godhead, Godhead means, the state of being God.

3) Do you need to follow all the of ten commandments? No, you are not under the law, and you nor any man or woman can keep the ten commandments. Instead Jesus commanded us thus:

Lu 10:27"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself."

If we do this, we will do right, and if we are sincre we will keep the whole law of God the best we can without trying to do it--just becuase the law says so, but becuase we love God. You will grow to keep most of the law, but do not hold yourself too it. Also you must not try to break the law just b/c you are not held to it, although you are not required to keep the law, breaking it shows that you are sinning and God does not like sin. The Law/ ten commandments are good references for Christians, it shows us what is sin, and the preferences of God.

I hope I answered your Questions, if you're still confused dont mind asking more.