• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

confused omnist

lostwanderingsoul

The Bible says that no one can come to Jrdud unless the Heavenly Father draws him to Jesus. Perhaps you have not been drawn and that is why you do not understand.

PureX

Veteran Member
I have to think about it more. I think all religions want a moral good person. Is something Christianity has that does not exist in other religions?
The revelation that God's spirit exists WITHIN us, and not just external to us, was a very new idea. So new, and so radical that when Jesus spoke and acted in accordance with that divine spirit within him (as "the Christ") his own religious leaders had him killed for blasphemy. They could not comprehend (nor tolerate) the idea that a man could embody the spirit of God. And not only did Jesus speak and act as an emissary of God, but he promised forgiveness and salvation on God's behalf for those who were willing to join with him in this 'body of Christ'.

It's not just about "being a good person". It's about realizing the true purpose of our existence; as vessels/expressions of God's Divine Spirit, on Earth. And the hope for total salvation that comes from our fulfilling that purpose.

Redemptionsong

But... christianity teaches something that I missed. The new testament must offer something and I can't find it.

IMO, it offers you love. Not any old love; Jesus offers you the perfect love of a holy God.

John 3:16. 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life'.

It's easy to miss.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
I want to be a true omnist
In order to be an omnist you have to assume that all religions teach the same thing. They don't; they are mutually exclusive. You have to choose one and reject the others (or reject them all).

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
In order to be an omnist you have to assume that all religions teach the same thing. They don't; they are mutually exclusive. You have to choose one and reject the others (or reject them all).

Not necessarily.

If you really wanted to be an omnist, I'd actually start by reading up on Hinduism, Thelema, Theosophy, Carl Jung, and Chaos Magick, since these are the largest perennial philosophies out there. Oddly enough, you can actually adhere to all of them, because they don't contradict one another. They overlap.

Or... you could go the Discordian method and just openly admit that you hold contradictory viewpoints, while acting on all of them.

Either way, you've embraced all religions. Or at the very least, the major ones, Neopaganism, Satanism, Luciferianism, and the majority of ethnic and diasporic religions. Congrats!

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I am a pagan omnist and out of the Abrahamic religions, I saw that Judaism and Islam are great true religions with sacred books.

But... christianity teaches something that I missed. The new testament must offer something and I can't find it.

I want to be a true omnist, but christianity is pushing me away. What has the new testament that I don't see?

Jesus teaches something, but what is it???

Why do christians say that Jesus stands out? What is unique about Jesus that I miss???
Jesus was a Jew who practiced Judaism and preached the Torah to fellow Jews. He was interested in bringing "the lost of Israel" back into obedience with the Torah (in other words sinful Jews coming back into following God's ways).

He had some rather incredible claims about himself, that he was the messiah, i.e., which Judaism rejects. But we have no problems with him teaching ie. that not a brush stroke will fall away frm the Law until heaven and earth shall pass away.

You do have to take the gospes with a grain of salt. They were written be Jesus believers decades after his death, who added legends and other teachings that grew up around the stories of their founder.

But Jesus himself never meant to establish a new religion. I think he must be turning over iin his grave the things people are saying in his name, and making him out to be God and stuff.

rational experiences

Veteran Member

They all teach aspects of scientific themes in a human male group organized history as humans.

Then they also impose group or communal laws...either forced upon you, or chosen by your own self as an individual based on concepts that you believe are real....but might find out in the group activity that they actually deceive about self group purpose.

Why we said any group other than natural family groups were coercive and cult mentality, owning an agreed group mentality, an organization and growth of human agreement in that group that then seeks outside control over and above anyone else.

Why we knew it was fake and wrong, historically natural family groups and then extended natural family groups are the real group and real support in real life.

Most other group conditions are based on fear tactics.

Science itself is just a chosen group status and ordered group behaviour that is human greed, right or wrong it was imposed the same as any religious organization that also quotes scientific relative creation advice in themes and stories...for themes and stories are used by any scientist first as a thinker.

Humans use words to try to instate that my personal beliefs and use word/title describes my mental state as being more capable of telling the truth in natural life as compared to other titles.