• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

confused believer

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Okay, but Unitarian churches aren't Christian in any sense ordinarily unless they uphold the belief that Jesus was a great teacher but was human as we are and should be respected and revered as a magnificent teacher. Most people would say that unless the church teaches that Jesus was/is God and savior of all humankind as a result, then the church is not Christian but would be Unitarian if God is worshipped.

Maybe that's understood differently in British churches, but in the U.S. a church that doesn't believe Jesus is both God and Savior of humanity isn't Christian as most people understand Christian. So, "Unitarian" would mean believing that it's just God, and Jesus wasn't any more God than any one of us.

That's actually what I like about the idea of Unitarianism. :D

i beleive jesus was much much more than just a great teacher i dont think that i have read the bible enough to be more specific.
Okay, so maybe not Unitarianism.

Quakers, Methodists, low Anglican Church of England, Baptists, or Evangelical may be right up your alley. Keep on reading the Bible; your view will solidify over time.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
Might also check out websites for the ones Odion listed. Most churches' websites will have a "This is what we believe" section for those curious whether or not they'd like that church's beliefs.

rusra02

Premium Member
im not 100% sure but i know many jehovas whitnesses and was looking that way but am very weary of the watch tower organisation. in the bible it clearly states many times not to worship false idols etc so that rules catholics out as they seem to hold mary and the cross and any other saint to be as holy as jesus and god and the church of england seem to worship a statue of jesus and a cross but other than that im not sure.

ric

Jehovah's witnesses study the Bible with people in their homes, free of charge. I'm not sure why you are wary of the Watchtower organization. Jehovah's witnesses use the Watchtower organization as a legal corporation to print Bible literature. I'm sure Jw's would be happy to answer any Bible questions you have. I wish you well in your search for the truth.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jehovah's witnesses study the Bible with people in their homes, free of charge. I'm not sure why you are wary of the Watchtower organization. Jehovah's witnesses use the Watchtower organization as a legal corporation to print Bible literature. I'm sure Jw's would be happy to answer any Bible questions you have. I wish you well in your search for the truth.

Did you read the thread? Do you actually think JW's are compatible with his beliefs?

no-body

Have you tried the seventh day adventist? Usually if someone dosen't like the JW they go towards this group. They are still a bit cultish like the JW though. If that still is not a good fit maybe look into mennonite groups.

look3467

Premium Member
Hi, Ric

I will give you my view on your quest.
To get a good basic understanding on the attributes of each of the three administrations of God in play in human history, I recommend a Southern Baptist church.

Here are my reasons why. The basic tenants of the Southern Baptists are Jesus being the Son of God as God, His Spirit resurrected, being our Holy Sprirt prescesnce.

Not only that but you will be taken through, in Sunday school classes, through the bible.
After some years of study with them God will began to lead you as your heart desires towards a deeper understandings of His word.

Confusion arises when one tries to listen to many differing views without a basic foundation to stand on.

Everybody has a view and can only lead you frustration.

I can tell you I was raised a Catholic, and at 13 years of age gave my life to Christ at an alter call in a Baptist church.

I gained a strong foundation of which is built on Jesus Christ and none other.

From that vintage point I address all other beliefs.

I've learned that God can not be boxed into a box of our own beliefs, but that God is open to all hearts regardless of beliefs.

I squired that view is only after God had led me through a journey of differing beliefs.

God is greater than greater than any one view, yet in the differing views, a challenge arises to seek Him out more earnestly.

Blessings, AJ

Rocky S

Christian Goth
hi guys
i new to religion and have started to read my bible and beleive in it but seem to struggle to pray wholeheartedly, i have nobody to chat to and learn from about religion, i am hungry for knowledge but feel i need guidance. most church organisations preech to false idols i cant seem to find somone that simply follows the bible.

thanks in advance for any advice or help you for me

Ric
Greetings Ric My best advice to you is to find you a Bible believing church and keep reading your Bible and seeking the Lord for guidance. what I mean by bible believing is, well here are some biblical foundational doctrines in most protestant churches. One that teaches the death burial resurrection of Christ, Jesus is the Son of God, the deity of Christ,saved by grace through faith,The Trinity,hell,heaven,the rapture of the church,Baptism of the Holy spirit,the bible as the infallible word of God. And If you need some one to talk to or have bible question concerning anything just let me know, that does not mean i know everything But like you when I was a young christian I was hungry too and begin to study Gods Word, now I teach and Preach. so keep studying the Bible. And i will be praying for you Ric...