• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conflicting Parents

RestlessSoul

Also I'm getting that a lot of folks don't seem to like 'obedience'.

One is meant to obey one's parents as far as reasonably possible, especially when one lives with them. That's as I see it.

You may be right. But I was like your dad, disobedient by nature. Hated anyone telling me what to do, even when I knew they wanted what was best for me. Put my poor parents through the wringer with that, but we have a great relationship now.

My son was the opposite; if me or his mum asked him to do something, he’d never argue. That made life easier for us as his parents, not sure if it was always right for him though.

People are just different, that’s how it is. Living with others is difficult, and requires compromise. But it usually turns out okay in the end, and if it’s not okay now, well then it’s not the end yet.