• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Condoms For Kids

Skwim

Veteran Member
"School board OKs condoms for middle-school children.

56b518970376e.image.jpg

The San Francisco Board of Education has unanimously approved a resolution to expand its Condom Availability Program to include all middle school students in the San Francisco Unified School District, according to Chief Communications Officer Gentle Blythe."
source

Middle school in the USA is grades 6-8 (ages 11-13)

So, good idea or not?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

56b518970376e.image.jpg
The San Francisco Board of Education has unanimously approved a resolution to expand its Condom Availability Program to include all middle school students in the San Francisco Unified School District, according to Chief Communications Officer Gentle Blythe."
source

So, good idea or not?

Why not? I knew 12-13 year olds having sex and besides that is when them hormones are raging at least what is commonly known. I mean kids know about blowing each other's heads off by playing fortnite and Call of Duty.

The Anointed

Why not? I knew 12-13 year olds having sex and besides that is when them hormones are raging at least what is commonly known. I mean kids know about blowing each other's heads off by playing fortnite and Call of Duty.

I was picking one of my great grand children from play school and I heard a little 4 year old boy say to his little female play mate; "I found a box of condoms inside of an old ice chest in the back of our garden," and the little 3 year old girl said; "Wha--wha---what's an Ice chest?

HonestJoe

So, good idea or not?
Seems like it’s a wider policy of education and support (rather than simply throwing condoms at the problem) which has been in place for a long time at the high school level with apparently positive impact. The fact is that some children of middle-school age will be sexual active so it makes sense to make the successful scheme available there too.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
yeah...to make balloons...
come on....we're speaking of sexually immature kids

If it saves under age pregnancies and sti's it is only a good thing.

There will of course be short sighted people complaining it goes against their principals without bothering to find out the facts of sexual activity among early and even pre teen children.

Dekrikos Augustine

Life Person Thing
I myself was an early start, so of course this is something I support.
It keeps down teen pregnancies and the spread of STDs to a younger generation.
This and proper sexual education are quite a good recipe, imo.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member

There will of course be short sighted people complaining it goes against their principals without bothering to find out the facts of sexual activity among early and even pre teen children.
omg....that's scary

ChristineM

Premium Member
When I was 10-11 I thought babies were made through deep kissing...
I'm not kidding...I still have the school diaries:D

I never "knew" a man until i was close to 20 and i was very drunk and dont remember a thing, only waking up on the other side of the country with a sticky feeling.

That was then, now my 12 year old twins are openly discussing sex, i am dreading the moment but have advised both to use condoms and where to get them?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
So, good idea or not?

Other solution. Let them all have sex at age 6. Then maybe when they can get pregnant they had enough already.

Bob the Unbeliever

56b518970376e.image.jpg

source

So, good idea or not?

Yes. It's mostly harmless, anyway. Kids at that age fall into roughly two categories: Those that already know about sex (from whatever source, reliable or no) and those that are oblivious, and will remain so for a few more years.

The oblivious kids may take a condom to play with, or to make water balloons, etc. Harmless.

The kids who are already sexually active? May take some, and actually use them.

In neither case, are kids encouraged to go out and start having sex. That's either already passed, or isn't an issue anyway.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
That was then, now my 12 year old twins are openly discussing sex, i am dreading the moment but have advised both to use condoms and where to get them?

It's one thing to "advise both to use ...."
I think it's paramount to "advise both how to use...."
But knowing you, being totally into science, you probably went into all the details ... to scare them off enough for at least 8 more years;)

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's one thing to "advise both to use ...."
I think it's paramount to "advise both how to use...."
But knowing you, being totally into science, you probably went into all the details ... to scare them off enough for at least 8 more years;)

Of course but not to scare them off but to educate them

Shad

Veteran Member

56b518970376e.image.jpg
source

So, good idea or not?

Good idea to cover for bad parents and parenting.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

So reminds me of the pastor's daughter in my home town. She skipped church to do you know what. It was timing for her social activities, both parents being out of the house.